• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782D Info/Facts...New owner and New to Forum

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbush

displayname
Robert Bush
Hi Guys-

I'm brand new to this forum...excitted to start looking around. I just purchased a 782D, a tractor I've been wanting and admiring for a long time! I'm looking for more info/history on it and the CC Diesels....I've got a couple questions:

1. What year(s) were the 782D's built?
2. I heard that IH built a few early on with Cast Rear ends and CCC built built the later 782D's with Aluminum rear ends...is this true?(Mine is the CCC built with aluminum)
3. Is this essentially the same tractor as the 882 and the 1512?

I havn't even got the tractor home yet, so I don't know what other questions to even ask just yet.

Thanks for any help! Rob

Welcome to the forum! IIRC, the 782D (and yellow 882) were built in 1984 and 1985. The 1512 was built 86 and 87, and the 1572 and 1772 came into the picture somewhere in 87 and stuck around 'til 89. No 782Ds were made with cast iron rear ends. I'll be putting one in mine to gain some weight, however. The 882 and 1512 are mechanically identical.

I currently have a 782D, and I used to have a 1512. Here's the 782D:
126873.jpg

As I recall, IH never built a 782D, it was all CCC. Some were labeled as IH, but they were all CCC built.

I had a 782D that I put a cast iron rear end, power steering, gear reduction starter and block heater. Good tractor, but I was moving to Florida and didn't want to mess with it.

According to Hank Will's book, the 782D was not even an idea till a year or more after CCC took over. So there never were any IH built 782Ds.

Latest posts

Back