• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 power steering

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solson

displayname
Steve Olson
I recently acquired a late model 782 and it had power steering on it. Did Cub Cadet offer this as an option or is it an aftermarket that has been added on? Any information would be appreciated.

Steve:

NO....Power Steering was not an option.

Most of those retrofits came from later model Cubs, and installed on an older model.

It could have been dealer installed, but it wasnt an option when the tractor was new. My buddies 782d has dealer installed power steering, was done once the Super cubs came out with it and the parts were avaible to retro fit the other 82 series with it. Mike

Cub Cadet did offered a power steering kit that was dealer installed for the late 782. It did not use the same parts like the power steering used on the later super garden tractors. It was offered when the later 782 CC were being produced up to the 1811 and 1812 CC. I remember putting several on 782D's and 1811's when I work for IH.

The kit no's are
Kit no 196-422-100 was for the 782/782D, 1711, 1811, and 1812. There was a service bulletin CC-086
Kit no 196-423-100 was for the 982, 1912, and 1914 tractors. There was an update under service bulletin CC-027

I have the service bulletins but can not find the instructions for the kits right now. I know I have the instructions some were as I have most CC publications from the beginning of CC till 2000
This was talked about over on the other Cub site and I don't remember who, but some one over there had a tractor with this power steering.

Ron K:

Now that is interesting. Never read nor knew of such a kit(s).

If you would please, send me copies of those Service Bulletins. My E-mail address is in my profile.

Thanks,

Ron K., if possible I would like a copy of those too. TIA
happy.gif
email is in my profile.

Roland, Kraig...I've got CCC Bulletins 86 & 87 also if you need them.

The 782 P/S was a retrofit in 1986 after IH died and CCC was putting P/S on both Garden & SuperGarden tractors. Won't be too many 782's out there with it.

Myron B

Wow! I am so impressed by the quick response and willingness to help by Cub enthusiasts. Thanks for your response and If you could also send me those Cub bulletins, I would appreciate it.

Ron K, I would like a copy of what you may have, service bulletins, the instructions for the kits, and any other information on installing power steering on a 782.

Thank ahead of time.

Larry

My scanner will not work tonight but I will get it fixed this weekend and send what I have to you. I think the power steering kit for the 782 and 982 came out around 1979 or 1980, It was nothing like the power steering on the newer super tractors. I will keep looking for the installation instructions as I'm sure I have them also. I've got many boxes of old Cub materials.

I have instructions for a power assit steering kit, if that is what you are looking for. and if possible could you send the bulletins to me, and if you would like copys of the instructions let me know. Thanks

Have any of you put the add on kit since this post. I was curious about cost and how well it worked.

Latest posts

Back