• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello new member here from the west side of North Carolina.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Bowman

IHCC Supporter
I have a 128 12hp I've had for 30yrs thats in desparate need of a rebuild. I've never been this deep in an engine and would appreciate all the help I can get. And recently acquired a 126 10hp that needs some love , steering and reverse jumps outta gear! Looking forward to it . Thanks Tim

I just missed the show in Hickory! was dealing on the 126 at the time ! I'm just across the river from Hickory. Have a question about the steering box on the 126, are the two large nuts on the inside of the housing an adjustment to tighten up the steering wheel travel slop?

Putting the 126 into service to pull a firewood trailer . Got about 20 facecord to move under a shed! The 128 engine I've started tearing apart. Learning as I go slow. Acquired some micrometers , now to learn how to read them. Piston and crank are next. Previous owner rebuilt it with oversize piston, .010 is stamped on the top. Hopefully it won't need a lot of machine work

Tim, WELCOME!

If you click on the link to the Service Manual that Digger posted (see post #4 above), and scroll down to page 32, you will find the section on the steering.

Welcome Tim!
I am northeast of you, just north of Greensboro.
Make sure you take plenty of pics to reference to, when putting it back together.

Latest posts

Back