• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

60 " Haban belt allignment

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200607_134756.jpg

That Belt is way too long. your manual adjustment is almost at its limit (should have about half that many threads showing or less. The spring loaded pulley is sticking out too far. At proper adjustment(using the threaded rod) the spring loaded pulley should rest on the mule drive bracket right between those two "v" cuts in the arm. As Ed stated yesterday the belts should go straight down from the PTO pulley to the tensioner the "u" cut is for "latching" to take the load off the belt for removal of the belt or deck - dont stink anything you value between the spring loaded pulley and the mule drive frame. Fingers, hands, etc

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 230
Yes, still too long.......back off the adjustment bolt until just about 1 inch or less of threads are showing and the indicator arm should be in the first small "V" behind the large square release notch......
Then you have the correct belt....

I can definitely agree with the V notch on the spring loaded pulley side as this part looks correct, however the adjustment bolt doesn't seem to be the correct length (to long ) so the advice of leaving 1 inch may not be accurate. Better to adjust bolt so the pulley groove in the front is aligned with the PTO pulley, at that point the spring loaded pulley will be correct when the small v notches are on either side of the mule drive, at this point the mule drive pulley's should be even. If the spring side pulley is closer to the axle, the belt is to short,if it is closer to the mule drive, the belt is to long or has stretched.

@cubs4lifeofme:
I should probably keep my mouth shut as I don't have a Super to look at, but, is the front of your mule drive engaged into the QA (Quick Attach) latch?

I can't see confirmation of that in your pictures...

20200607_134756_MOD.jpg

Just to clarify, and again I don't have a Super to look at, but the red arrow is pointing to the shaft that 'I' believe 'should' engage the QA latch, and unless i'm totally blind this cannot be seen in your image. I just don't see anything holding up the front of your mule drive, except maybe the belt. The Frankenstein bolts in the slot hold up the rear of the mule drive.

I'm just say'n..

Latest posts

Back