• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

60 " Haban belt allignment

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is this 4 ?

It's the quick attach feature to lock front implements and/or mule drives in place.
You do NOT have the mule drive pushed in far enough to secure the latch in place!
Give it a good kick to lock it in place! That should be self evident I would think.
If it will not push further onto the large mount bolts on the d=side of the frame to engage the spring latch you must have the wrong mule drive for that application or something weird like that.

I don't have a super either but I looked at the parts diagram for the 385 mule drive and the holes behind the ones your idler shaft run through should have pins welded in them that stick to the inside. Those pins would engage the front hanger. If you pull down on the yellow bar (bail) it will open the slot in the front hanger. Then you slide the mule on getting the rear over the "frankenstein" bolts and the pins into the slots in front. Then you raise the bail which locks the pins into the slot. Either you have the wrong mule or somebody removed the pins. Right now you have nothing holding up the front of your mule except the belts (from what I can see). Good catch on Tom's part.

Ed nailed it!
.Yes, you are missing the pin.
It goes in the hole that is open behind the one where the spring is.
I just checked the super I have w/a deck on it.
Should have looked sooner, I could have cleared this up.

Tom really noticed the problem first. I think a Cub belt may also be needed, it's listed size is almost an inch shorter than the 94 belt and a little wider than 5/8, both of which will help with the pulley alignment problem.

David- are those pins welded in? The parts list doesn't show them as separate parts.

David- You stuck your mule drive picture in the wrong thread :) . And from the wear on the top of the pin you can tell there is a lot of up pressure on the mule from belt tension. It's hard to tell from the pictures how much too high his mule drive is riding without those pins to hold it down.

OK!
It's been a looong day!!

DSCN7918.JPG

@cubs4lifeofme:
I hate to rain on your parade, but,,,,,, that pulley don't look right to me! I think that is where all your belt dust was coming from. Is it a 'V' shape pulley or is it more of a 'U'? Makes a huge difference. Both of those pulleys should look like each other with regards to where the belt rides on them. And both should be 'V'.

20200613_095657_MOD.jpg

Last edited:
@cubs4lifeofme:
I hate to rain on your parade, but,,,,,, that pulley don't look right to me! I think that is where all your belt dust was coming from. Is it a 'V' shape pulley or is it more of a 'U'? Makes a huge difference. Both of those pulleys should look like each other with regards to where the belt rides on them. And both should be 'V'.

View attachment 138837
Tom - Good eye. That looks more like a flat-bottomed idler pulley.

Sorry, I can't take the credit, I found it in the "smilies" on this website, but I can appreciate your artistic ability since I have none.:drool2:

Back