• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

46gt deck question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are the pics of my setup:

213359.jpg

213360.jpg

213361.jpg

213362.jpg

213363.jpg

hope the pics help - i am still considering raising the engine 1" - will that kill the driveshaft rag joints?

Yes, that will destroy your rag joints. See that little tab on the left side of the carriage? I think there's also supposed to be one on the right side, and those are supposed to hit the footrest support rod and prevent it from raising high enough for the pulley to hit the brake rockshaft. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

both sides have the tab, so that isnt the problem - i think i will have to leave it set up the way it is - raise the engine up an inch or so to make up the difference, and use some nice borgeson u-joints in place of the rag joints. then at least i will be able to use the cub cadet belt.

the only other choice will be to try and find a custom lenth belt that can take the abuse.

Michael,you might try and get a good measurement on the belt and try Goodyear I have their belts on all of my tractors and I buy them from a industrial supply com. for a 1/4 of the price of cub cadet belts.I havn't had any problems out of them and I have been running them for about 4 years now.I get 44in mowing deck belts for around 8$ each.

so, i ended up pulling the engine and engine plate - put longer bolts in the front engine mount holes, then put it all back together with added spacers that add 9/16" height to those front two motor mounts (pto clutch side) which took up an extra 1 1/8th inch of belt length. it does make the engine sit at an angle now, but it actually made the driveshaft angles better than what it was before - so now the belt fits great and the tractor mowed my lawn great last night! that 46GT deck is soooo nice compared to the 44c's i have been using before!

Back