Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

42 in deck

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Yep, those mule drive pulleys can cut grooves into the axles.

axle grooves.jpg

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
It might be the picture but... is that belt upside down? Hard to see on my screen.
And my other idea is this the right length belt? If it was to long, that would bring the pulleys closer to the front...

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
I looked at the127 and a p.o. had actually milled or ground a flat across that shaft to keep the belt from hitting is my guess

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Can you measure it or find the numbers ? And then we can use CCS and see if it's the right one?

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
The mule drive pulley(s) would typically only contact the axle when mowing uneven terrain when the axle pivots down onto the pulley(s). If you only mow a nice flat lawn, the pulleys should never contact the axle.

Here are some photos from the tiller manuals showing under side views of various mule drives:

Tiller_1_10a.jpg

Tiller_1_11a.jpg

CubTillerNo2_15b.jpg

kharvey

displayname
Kendal Harvey
Just wondering if you put the clutch on with the bearing pushed back if it releases correctly?
I fear the center button may bottom out on the end of the crankshaft.

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
I don't know yet,I'm waiting for the wear button. I did use a piece of plastic just so I could spin it by hand and it seemed to release ok. Great point though,I'm gonna bring it back flush soon as I figure this belt thing out

Latest posts