Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

42 in deck

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
Can you measure it or find the numbers ? And then we can use CCS and see if it's the right one?
When I went back to work at lunch I got to thinking about what you said,and someone else,about that belt. And I remembered I originally was gonna redo a 48in deck but it was to far gone. So that left me thinking there has to be another belt in the shed somewhere,I should have 2. Sure enough there was,slightly smaller! I'm still gonna have to take that cross shaft out and mill that center section away,it has clearance now but not much,especially after I put that bearing back flush.
0728211557_Film1.jpg

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Than extra sleeve piece on the shaft also had the effect of moving the lever too far ahead by the thickness of the sleeve.
That may be part of your issue as well.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Another good catch Dave! That would certainly change the angle of engagement and potentially cause the release "button" un-do wear.

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
When I took that front end loose I found what was left of the button,it was wore funny and off center,that shaft has play side to side I have to stop as well

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Keep in mind that it has to rotate slightly as it actuates the PTO, so the flat may rotate into conflict with the belt. Here's a photo of one in place on one of my parts tractors, a 104:

PTO Lever.jpg

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
I would see if you can find one already to mount...

Last edited:

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
This one came off a 127, same as my 106, that one you have looks it came off a wide frame and was made to fit your 127.

DSC03625.JPG

DSC03626.JPG

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
Ahhhhhhhhhh a wide frame,and yes I'll find one but for now this will work. I've already modified it but glad to know what it came off of! Thanks

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
The way I see it,the extra material is the same as the bar stock,gives it extra strength,now that the belt will clear should work out. Tomorrow I'm gonna grind out that shaft that holds the pulley brackets out ,and tighten everything back up with no slop.

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
Does anyone know if that shaft that holds the tensioner pulleys is supposed to be welded in place,seems a lot easier to pin so you can take it out