• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3pt hitch

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jshoemaker

displayname
James Shoemaker
I've been thinking about adding a cat 0 3pt to my 782 and was gonna try and build the plate myself and was wondering if anyone else has done this. Also, before I invest the time and money in it how many 3pt implements are still out there for an old cub? The only thing I'm really wanting to use it for would be a tiller or a scrape blade. I imagine its gonna be difficult to find a old tiller to hook to it. I know a guy who has an old gearbox to run it off the front pto. Its on a 682 now I think so that should work on my tractor as well correct?

James,forum sponsor Xtreme Motorworks sells them. Link at the top of every page or here in my post. I'll let someone with a 82 series Cub answer the other queries.

Yeah I saw that he sells them and I may end up buying one from him but I was gonna see if I could do it myself bc that's alot of money for a 3pt. well it may not be expensive as far as hitches go but its still a good chunk of change for what ive got.

James S. My 782D has the Cat 0 on it. I needed to purchase the lift arms from Xtreme Motorworks since it already had the mounting plate. I also purchased the A frame and love the critter. Only $$$ and time keeps me from making attachments for the three point. For the time and frustration you'd have making the three point my thoughts are that purchasing one of Aaron's is well worth the investment. Also, if you notice all the major manufacturers put the Cat 0 on their garden tractors as an optional feature. Buy the 3 point and then spend the time mkaing your own attachments.
227996.gif

That's probably the easiest way to do it and as high as steel is I probably wouldn't save enough (if any) to try and do it myself. Could you tell me how it hooks up to the lift for the mower deck? Thanks for the advice.

James, I have the Cub Cadet specific Cat-0 on my 1512, which is pretty darn close to your 782. I would assume that the 3 point from Aaron hooks up approximately the same way. There is just a flat bar that gets attached to the lift mechanism under the plate in front of the seat. I'm no mechanic, and it took me about an hour to do the install. This is the best time to replace the gasket in your rear end, since once that rock plate goes on, the rear case gets covered up. You have to replace a few bolts on the transmission, that causes you to have to drain the fluid, so this is also the best time to replace that also. With the A-Frame that Marlin mentioned, you can use all of the CC attachments that normally used a sleeve hitch. As for actual Cat-0 attachments, they exist, not real plentiful, but I know Aaron offers a York-rake, and I believe he also has a scraper blade, although I may be wrong. As for adding a tiller, the tillers and gearbox aren't hard to find, but the parts needed to attach the tiller to the tractor are VERY hard to find. I know Matt on here has made his own. The last time I actually saw one of the actual kits available, was a few years ago, and it was on that "E" auction site. Someone on this forum bought it. I would love to see Aaron start making that adaptor, as I am sure he would make a very beefy and reasonably priced alternative to trying to find one for sale elsewhere.

I have the installation guide somewhere for the CC 3 point, I'll see if I can find it.

Stephen G. nailed things really well. I am pretty sure that Aaron includes installation instructions with his kits. Plus... HIS kits don't need any grinding or fussing with. (Ask Rick Beem about his experience with someone else's Cat 0 hitch.) Aaron's quality is top notch. Plus shipping is included in the price if I recall correctly. And for some not really politically correct three point equipment check around for some old Sears garden tractor items. They'll work although they made need minor adapting.

Yeah I think I wil be ordering a kit from aaron pretty soon..thanks for the advice everybody

James S. When you get it how about doing an assembly set of pictures? That would be fantastic as a reference for those in the future contemplating installing a CAT 0 three point.
228076.gif
Fancy is on the computer writing this post.

Ken, I can take the pics but you gonna have to post em for me (see next post) loo

James - Will do
thumbsup_old.gif

<font size="-2">Time to take my oil pressure medicine and hit the sheets</font>

Latest posts

Back