• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

382CUB ENGINE

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsellers

displayname
David J Sellers
AFTER SELLING MY 149 THREE YEARS AGO THE BUG HAS BIT AGAIN.I HAVE RECENTLY AQUIRED A 382CUB AND ITEND TO DO A FULL RESTORATION ON IT. FORTUNATLY IT APPEARS TO BE IN REALLY GOOD CONDITION WITH LITTLE TO NO RUST.UNFORTUNATLY SOMEWHERE ALONG IT'S JOURNEY IT HAS MIS-PLACED IT'S ENGINE. I WAS HOPING SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHAT ENGINE WOULD HAVE COME ON THIS MODEL(MAKE AND HORSEPOWER).I KNOW SOME PURIST LOOK DOWN ON THE POST 81 CUBS BUT JUST SEEING THAT RED PAINT REMINDS ME OF THE HOURS SPENT ATOP THAT OLD SUPER H AND I CAN'T HELP BUT LOVE IT FOR THAT.BY THE WAY THAT OLD SUPER H IS STILL PLOWING AWAY ON MY PARENTS FARM, YOU JUST CAN'T STOP AN INTERNATIONAL!

David J:

44413.jpg

44414.jpg

thumbsup.gif

THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION, BUT IT LEADS ME TO ANOTHER QUESTION.I SEE THAT IT IS ADVERTISED AS A 3SPEED.MY CUB IS A HYDRO, WAS THIS AN OPTION ON JUST INTRODUCED ON A LATER MODEL 382?

David J:

You stated in your post, you needed information on a CC 382.

Looking at the Parts Manual, the 382 is a Gear Drive Lawn Tractor. The Hydro equivalent is the 383.

I meerly supplied you the information you requested.

None the less, the motor is the same for both.

There was <u>NO</u> 382 Hydro.

Hope this clears this up.

Kraig:

OK....I stand corrected....
I looked at the Parts Manual and I found no 382 Hydro. I will admit that I did not scour the 82 series brochures.

I guess it is just another IH snafu......and so the confusion begins - LOL

Roland, you can sit down. Yeah the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> numbering system is confusing at times and the confusion began a looooong time ago.
happy.gif

Kraig:

I wasn't standing, just sitting here chuckling at the situation
destroy.gif

David J:

I want to extend my apologizes for my error. My response was based on the researce that I done.
blush.gif
Seems I stumbled across one of those IH zingers that ocasionally arise. Anyway, Kraig caught my mistake and has set the record straight.
bottom.gif

Again, I am sorry for any confusion with the inaccurate information.
44531.gif

Roland

Hey Roland...repeat 10,000 times: "CCC numbered some models different than IH did". Then maybe...
The attached should help the current discussion. Factory numbers ending in -100 were CCC versions. Factory numbers ending with a -399 and having a Kind/Code are the IH versions. The pre 81 sale IH versions had the same models numbers and Kind/Codes but did not have the MTD/CCC style factory numbers on them. That showed up on the red IH versions in 82.
Myron B

CCSupplyRoom
44536.jpg

There is absolutely no reason to apoligize for this over sight. I am just glad that there are other IH fans out there who are willing to take the time to share info. Any info on this Cub is greatly appreciated. The more I know about it the better the resto will be. As a matter of fact I am currently watching an auction for an original implement sales pamplet for the 82 series Cubs. It is supposed to list all of the attachment available for these tractors at the time of there release. I guess that will be my next mission, to hunt down the various implements available for the 382.

I got another question.I been try'n to track down some parts with no success.What I am looking for is a replacement seat and some new decals for this 382. I've checked with my local dealer and searched online, but I just can't find them. Does anybody out there have a source for these items?
help.gif

David S: Since IH died nearly a quarter a century ago, some parts are now NLA including those old IH Lawn Tractor seats. See if you can find something at www.mi-seat.com that will be somewhat similar (measure the bolt pattern). Occasionally you can find a used one in fair condition considering its age and often you have to have the old pan recovered in as close a pattern as possible....

Myron Bounds
CCSupplyRoom

Latest posts

Back