• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3 turn steering column

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswartz

displayname
Randy Swartz
Can any of you tell me which models had the 3 turn-to-lock steering column? I currently have a 2 turn on my 1711, but am considering converting it over if I can find a 3 turn. Thanks again for all the help you guys have provided in the past.

It's a long way to the bottom of this page! How do you tell the difference between 2 turn and 3 turn columns? OK, probably by how many times the steering wheel turns from lock to lock? What's the advantage or disadvantage to 3 turn steering? Why does Grasshopper ask? Because he just listed the steering column from an 1811 on ebay and is wondering if he's going to regret not putting it on a 149.
1a_scratchhead.gif

The 3-turns columns should theoretically be easier to steer because of the extra turn. I haven't really noticed the difference.

Randy , 1811 1810 1812 I know for sure had them .I have one in my 782 and like it .

I had put a rebuilt one from an 1811 into my 782 and I noticed a HUGE difference. It turns with no effort now even when it's not moving.

Is it possible to add a three turn steering to a 1250 if so which cub will provide the steering unit

Ronald Berg

My 1512 diesel has a 3 turn and its great for ease of turning a big difference from stock.I don`t think there is much different from a stock to look at and I think you can remove a 2 turn and add a 3 turn with no problems. All 82 series have three turn I think also.
old.gif

Thanks Dan and Charlie, working on one also installing a Johnson Model 10 loader.seem and looks heavy so will build a steering rebuild Is the there service nad parts manual out there Binder Books say they can supply. Again thanks

As charlie said, will bolt right in. I just did one on his loader. Made a big difference for steering. None of my 82 series have them in them "stock". Try it, youll like it! Matt G, youll probally need one in that loader when you get it done - or when you put in the upgraded spindles, tires, weights, etc, just go right to power steering - only way to fly!

I'm keeping my eyes open for PS for mine...almost bought an 1864 at an auction, but it went too expensive.

Matt, I ended up getting a sector from a tilt wheel model and added a cut off shaft from an old column and using the original tube. Then I made my cylinder out of a wide frame lift cylinder. Works great and kept the cost down. Good work on your loader. Youll find out youll keep upgrading it all the time. Now I wish I would have used a SGT right off the bat.

Thanks kraig for the manual it is a little different than the loader I have. The cylinder that controls the bucket is the one pictured on page 4 on the bottum of the page. It is a large single cylinder. I have a manual for the Model 14 What does the letters Model 10TC mean

Ron, I have no idea what the "TC" means. I can only guess that the "C" stands for Cub Cadet. Perhaps the "T" is tractor?
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif

digger, sent an e-mail to your personal site have you received it or should I resend it here

Guys I would love to have power steering on my 129 loader for sure,It would be great and i`am looking for parts now.I don`t have a ported rear hydro,but that will be done soon.Aaron S does great work and thanks for my cat O and I see you sell a bracket for power steering lol, see I did do some home work on this change. This Fall I hope.
old.gif

I had a two turn column on my 1811 while I rebuilt the three turn that was OEM. It is like night and day. The three turn is so easy even when stopped compared to the two turn model.

Back