• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2nd opinion from all of you

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stritle

displayname
Steve Tritle
My 782 smokes when reving up the engine. Otherwise, it runs fine. I just bought it last November, and today, was changing the plugs. They were melted at the tip and had black crud built up all over them. Also, my air cleaner base is full of oil and the top of the engine is covered in oil. After changing the oil, a slight knock is heard, but I can't find it. With all of the operating this winter, it ran fine and used about a 1/4 of a dipstick of oil. IT was a hard starting, cold blooded beast, but most Internationals are.

So, one expert I talked to said it's time for a ring job and I may have a hole in one of the pistons. What might you all think?

Thanks up front.

Steve, My suggestion is too start looking for a Command V-twin from an 1864 or 2185 cub. You can find them pretty reasonable and they fit right in with a little work. I am going to be working on putting a 23hp into one of my 782's later this summer. Just my two cents.

I am also putting a command into one of my greene tractors right now. I think these make a great update to an older tractor.

I'll second John- Get a Command. I'm putting one from a 2185 into my 582. The Command seems to be a great motor.

Latest posts

Back