• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2082 attachments Same as 82 series or different?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndorn

displayname
Nate "Big D" Dorn
I am wondering...I bought a 2082 Cub Cadet. Is this still part of the wide frame series so that equipment for let's say a 782 would fit it? I would like to put my snow thrower from my 782 on it and buy a tiller setup for it, but I would like one of the nice cheap ones from a 82 series and NOT have to buy one of those ridiculously expensive and LARGE hydro tillers they came out with. What will work or WHERE can I find this info out. These models are somewhat new to me. Thanks for the help. Again, If I offended someone by posting here, I am sorry.

... seems like I read this somewhere before
1a_scratchhead.gif

The 2082 is bigger than the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> wide frames.
Nothing will bolt up without a lot of mods if then because they have different frames.

I would rather have the hydraulic tiller ... but that's just me !
Hydraulics rule. No belts , no chains , constant torque , variable speed.

Nate, the 2082 would be about the same as a 982, it has the longer wheel base and is considered a Super Garden Tractor. Which snowthrower did you have for your 782? If it's a QA36B it will not fit due to the taller front tires. If you have the H48, that might fit. The 2082 used a CAT-0 rear lift and a 2000 RPM rear PTO, both were optional. You've posted in the correct location.

BTW, Aaron at XtremeMotorworks makes after market/reproduction rear CAT-0 lifts that should fit the 2082. I don't know if he's making a rear PTO yet. I believe both are NLA from Cub Cadet. The CAT-0 tillers are kind of hard to find and used tillers would be in the $300 to $500 range.

Latest posts

Back