• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1996 Chevy K1500 Ext Cab

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. Well Vincent that is a nice looking
Chevy but with all those electrical issues,
sounds like an ugly can of worms to be opening.
As for which is better (FORD or Chevy)
Personally I've owned both and neither are bad.
Currently I'm driving a FORD and wouldn't trade
it for anything. Both are better than dodge any
day, just saying, LOL.

Regarding learning with a manual transmission. My 16 year old daughter just took and passed her drivers license test (first try) with a manual transmission Isuzu Rodeo. She had no choice, my wife and I both drive manual transmission vehicles. Our other car is a Toyota Corolla but she prefers the Rodeo. I don't think she will be doing any burn outs with the Rodeo, not intentionally anyway...
Shift.gif

I agree with Kraig... As long as a kid has a patient teacher and some time to practice, almost any 16 year old should be able to pass their driver's test in a manual trans vehicle.

Heck, I learned to drive dad's '73 VW Super Beetle in the woods when we were cutting trees for my parent's house. That was 1980, and I was 10. There were no burn outs, but dad used to yell at me when I'd go fast enough catch 2nd gear along the back woods-path. LOL!
Shift.gif

Wayne - You proved my point ALL the time.
CHEVY is better than ferds.

Now everybody shut their piehole and LOOK at the video ... same one I found last month ...

The CHEVY is pulling the ferd WITHOUT spinning a tread while the ferd is tearing up the sod like PLOW DAY ... It's NOT the CHEVY'S fault that the dumba$$ didn't know how to weld.

Ken, the chevy's frame was buckling which has
nothing to do with welding but a BAD frame.
Either way not a good test. Need to start with
equal trucks. Unfair advantage was FORD's right
from the get go. LOL

WELL........Thank you to everyone for your input !!!!!

I am the new owner of this 96 Chev. 1st Chevy truck I've ever owned, I've owned 5 different Fords including my big blue 97 powerstroke diesel.

I know we all like pictures so I'll take some and get them posted here in the next few days.

I figured $1100 was worth taking a chance - and the guy said, and I quote, "If it costs a bunch to fix the electrical short call me and I can help you out."

Art, and everyone - I was NOT taking a chance to look and find out it was just the trailer lighting pigtail while the truck was still in his driveway. On Saturday I did notice the pigtail but I did not say anything.

I got it home, crawled under the back and unplugged this pigtail, put a new 10amp fuse in and it works !!!

My daughter's driven this 10-15 miles, lots of stops turns, etc, and is getting better yet still has a long way to go to feel comfortable. Bad thing is she now really does not want to sell her Grand Prix... So I'm selling my 2003 Grand Prix Limited Edition, plus maybe selling my Powerstroke...

Kentuck-

How in the world did I prove your point? At truck and tractor pulls they aren't tearing up sod but they're throwing the dirt. It's all part of the pull...isn't it? Plus, the sod wasn't the only thing torn up. I guess welding could be the reason the Chevy ended up tires to the sky.

I think it was Bushes fault.

Vince-

Good going with the stick shift. Your daughter will eventually love it (until she has to make a call). I think the price was well worth the risk.

Vincent Thomley

That IS A NICE LOOKING TRUCK. dO I THINK YOU COULD DO WITH IT WHAT i USE MY TRUCK FOR .i DON`T THINK IT WOULD TAKE IT.For what you want it for it will do the job. I wish we had rust free bodies to work with up here like you have down there.

Vince: Great looking truck. I hope the pig tail fixed the electrical problems.

Don: You can always come down here and pick through what we have. Auction is on Wednesday nights, I think you have to put up $100 to bid.

We have a spare room, but no hot tub, sorry.
smile.gif

Vince my 94 had rust on the bottom like that and once it showed up it really takes off fast. try to do something soon on those doors.

otherwise what a find you lucky dog

Latest posts

Back