• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1882 reverse soft?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcondon

displayname
Jim Condon
My 1882 reverse feels soft like the pressure is low.I went thru the instruction in the service manual as far as the linkage adjustment goes and have that right on the money.
I don't find anyone who has messed w/the hydro units.I have replaced the old hydro unit w/this one(thats how I got into checking the linkage adjustment)And seems that it is doing the same thing the old one was doing,when you go to back up sometimes reverse feels slow/soft/weak.I can hear the whine noise level increase when backing up.Not really sure what to check for further t/s.All the linkage moves freely and forward is fine.The service manual doesn't have any info for t/s this problem

Jim C

Have you checked or removed and tested the hydro release valves. By reversing this valve the problem will change diection. Low fluid will cause a noise and other issues.

I was hoping "good ol' Don T." would kick in on this one.
cubwinker.gif

Jim C. Yes... the 15 Series Service Manual on page 18 does clearly state how to troubleshoot this problem.
happy.gif

Try what Don T. suggests... Then if that is the problem try cleaning the sticking check valve.

I removed the the check valves as the one close to the cam plate was leaking.I swapped it out for 1 out of the pump unit I removed.It doesn't seem to be leaking,but I haven't try using it either.I stall tested it.Thanks for the link to danfoss has alittle more description that the cub cadet manual.I will check the pressure and inspect the check valve next.Thank You for your help guys it is definetly appreciated.............Jim

Good morning, Jim. THANK YOU for the update!!! Those check valves do wear out and sometimes not both at once. Just don't clean with brake cleaner. that will make the rubber swell and be temporary fix. Have a wonderful day.

Thank YOU Donald T. for your assistance.
happy.gif

I've used the tractor for about 2 tanks of gas and reverse works fine.I did find that between the 2 pump unit's I have that 1 of the valves was an different design maybe an older stlye?No leaks works great

Latest posts

Back