• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1872 lifting priblem

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnicklas

displayname
John Nicklas
I have a question for the 1872 owners. A friend of mine has one and is having a problem with it. On the RH side of the tractor where the rock shaft lift arm is there is a second arm that is next to the one that the mower undercarriage attaches to. This outer arm is hanging down and interferes with the undercarriage when it is raised. What is this second arm used for and what would cause it to be in the way of the undercarriage movement? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Supers use a "push" system for lifting front implements. The outer arm is for that purpose.

Of course, I have 15 pics of my 2072 with Haban blade installed........and they are all of the left side!!!!!

Steve, Kraig, Thanks. If my understanding is correct, when using the mower undercarriage, this arm should be in the up position so it is out of the way.

Or should this work in tandem wit the mower lift arm. And if it is in the way when lifting the mower it could have a sheared spiral pin?

It's welded to the rockshaft, so there is no "folding" I have never had any interference issues with my 1872, 2072, or 1572.....

Maybe post a pic of the problem?

Steve, thanks for the help. Went today to get some pictures but he had sold it. Didn't know that was in the works. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back