• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 wiring

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcromley

displayname
troy cromley
I have a cub cadet 1864, that someone put in a oil seal for me. And getting the tractor back I see there are wires that are not hooked up. I have a picture included...

304330.jpg

The motor is a kohler ch18s-62509. The tractor is an 1864 model 143-684-100 serial:838720.

There is a black box in the picture that has a black white yellow and red wires that are coming out of the box. Does the black go to the ground? Looks like white and yellow get plugged together. Not sure about red wire looks like it goes up to starter. But, if that's the case, what does the box do? The box looks like a relay of some sort. Checked the wiring and diagram and I don't see the relay on them. Tractor appears to start run and okay without that box being hooked up.

MY question is what is the box for?

My second question is I changed mower deck and mule drive; and now the front of the deck is high...adjusted the two front adjusters on the front of the desk with the bottom nut all the way down. And still high in the front..Could the rear hanging bracket be different sizes/ length. Could that make a difference?

Thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back