• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 wiring diagram

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtoriello

displayname
Joe Toriello
Hey Guys....
I'd look like a real hero if I could find out why my boss's 1864 won't charge.
If anyone has a schematic for an 1864, I'd be very grateful.
Joe

Joe, I didnt find anything in the MTD section of manuals. Maybe one of the other guys has something.
Did you check out Charlies FAQ's, item 82. Checking solid state charging systems?? That and a schematic may make you Boss's Favorite.

AHHHH, bingo.
Joe go up to Cub Cadet Parts Lookup in the middle of our advertisers. On first screen put in 1864 for model.
Next pick either model depending on S/N
On right side pick illustrated parts.
Finally pic either 'Battery and elec components"
or better yet 'Electrical System' has a schematic!!
Good luck.

Update:
Allen,
The boss took the 1864 50 miles away for professional service at the nearest Cub dealer.
They charged him $900.00 to remove the engine and clean the air ducting and cooling fins as they were clogged causing the engine to overheat and lose power, along with some other needed repairs.
When he got it back, there were more new problems I had to deal with. So many that he could not mow his lawn. He trailered it to our shop. After replacing the starter and fuse holder, tightening the loose spark plugs, re-attaching improperly seated connectors and cleaning the battery terminals the tractor runs like new (his words). Suffice it to say I am now his cub technician. Your help locating a schematic was instrumental in locating the electrical problems possessing this demon tractor... Thank you again.

I love it when a plan comes together!
groupwave.gif

Latest posts

Back