• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 drive shaft grease points

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brady savoy

Hi all!

The 1864 manual I have shows 2 grease zerks on the drive shaft under the tunnel cover. I can’t find any? Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

You just apply a small amount of grease into the slots. There are no zerk fittings. If you look at the manual where the arrows are pointing to the lube locations there is a number above or beside it, I believe it is 11 and if you go back a page or two and find that number on the chart it will tell you what to do.

You just apply a small amount of grease into the slots. There are no zerk fittings. If you look at the manual where the arrows are pointing to the lube locations there is a number above or beside it, I believe it is 11 and if you go back a page or two and find that number on the chart it will tell you what to do.
I was looking at #12. Those don’t seem to exist on the 1864. Thank you!

The zerks are at the end of the boot, they should be there, if not put new ones in.
1700335042634.png

A agree with Ipalma. I have a 1993 1864 and yes there are two grease zerks, one at each end but the boot. I hit them each spring before the mowing season. The only thing I will say is I can't find any aftermarket manufacturers for the boots. Then tend with time to loosen up by where they meet the drive shaft. One, don't put too much grease in there which will baloon the seals. Second I ended up putting a tie wrap on the boot where they meet the drive shaft to help keep them secure otherwise they will end up blowing out from the centrifugal effect of the shaft spinning. Dean

They don't all have grease fittings. On those, you'll have to take the driveshaft apart and clean/regrease then put it all back together.

Latest posts

Back