Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

1811 Charge pump shaft repair

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Quin Mehling

I acquired an 1811 last year and I have had an issue with vibration in the driveshaft for the hydraulic pump. I replaced the joints, did ok for a while. Then the vibration got real bad. I pulled the transaxle and dug into it. Transaxle got pulled for shearing frame to trans bolts, getting an upgrade.

Once I got everything apart found the brass bushing to be bad, coupling arm is toast and the pin holes on the charge pump shaft are egged out. That shaft is really expensive, do I replace or weld up the holes and re-drill?

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
I would replace it with a good used shaft. If it is welded up and redrilled, it will probably wear faster than it originally did since the heat treatment will be damaged.

Replace both input shaft needle bearings while you are in there, too.

wh cc guy

Without a picture I am not sure about which shaft you need. If it is the shaft that drives the hydro pump I have one that fits a 682 tractor. Don't know if they are the same.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
He is talking about the hydro unit input shaft. Any CC hydro model without a splined input shaft should fit.