• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 Charge pump shaft repair

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quin Mehling

I acquired an 1811 last year and I have had an issue with vibration in the driveshaft for the hydraulic pump. I replaced the joints, did ok for a while. Then the vibration got real bad. I pulled the transaxle and dug into it. Transaxle got pulled for shearing frame to trans bolts, getting an upgrade.

Once I got everything apart found the brass bushing to be bad, coupling arm is toast and the pin holes on the charge pump shaft are egged out. That shaft is really expensive, do I replace or weld up the holes and re-drill?

I would replace it with a good used shaft. If it is welded up and redrilled, it will probably wear faster than it originally did since the heat treatment will be damaged.

Replace both input shaft needle bearings while you are in there, too.

He is talking about the hydro unit input shaft. Any CC hydro model without a splined input shaft should fit.

It could probably be welded up and redrilled if one is careful not to ruin the case hardening where the seals and bearing ride, but doing that in the tractor would ruin the bearing. It would have to be done with the shaft removed from the hydro unit.

When welding on something, you never, ever want to have the ground path be through a bearing.

Latest posts

Back