• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

18 hp briggs vangaurd in place of kohler?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djohnson

displayname
Dennis Johnson
Hey guys...I'm new here....have a 782 with a blown up 17 hp kohler. have found a new never installed 18 hp vangaurd briggs...is this going to be a pain>>?? will my electric clutch bolt on?? what should i do? tanks for any/all help. Dennis Johnson

vangaurd dose not use a bearing on output shaft side crank just runs in housing . when it wears you have to replace compleat housing all so cam is hollow on end for compression release mec. $235. for new cam better of with kohler i know a place that ocasonly has new kohlers at a deal if you still need one haller and ill go look. Doug in Taxas

Dennis,
Briggs Vanguard does use a bearing on the PTO side of the crankshaft. PN 690752, Bearing-Ball. My Cub 2165 runs a 16 hp Vanguard with an electric clutch.

LD

Back