• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

18/2082

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim - I'd rather you be a back surgeon ... that I could use more than the cub ...

... thinking about being cut off at the naval and having my torso attached to a Vespa ...

I get my starters from DB Electrical - EBay store. Fast and great quality for the $$$$ Own several for 18hp and one for 20hp.

If not, the sponsers can always get you a Kohler

I called Digger earlier (got him in trouble as a semi pulled up while we were on phone and he wasn't finished with a shipping load) and he's going to check on Stens but at the time I was stumped as to the #s.

Steve - I DON'T need to go to eBay ... I get in trouble every time !!
186546.gif

Ken,
I wondered who was always outbidding me
clappy.gif

Good to see you back posting again! Glad you found such a "super" tractor also. They are the cat's azz!

Jim - I doubt we're bidding on the samethings
wink.gif

Nobody stands between me and a fishing lure I want !

I like my xx82. After I dislocated both shoulders I <u>had</u> to have that power steering.
I just wish I could find some sheetmetal to replace the plastic !!!!
While the plastic is off I may get one of the x82 grilles that I use to repair and see if it fits the frame ...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Day number 2 here waiting for the monsoon to stop...<font size="-2">the roof is made of standing seam aluminum pans....I'm about deaf</font>

Ken, yes sir, those Stens starters work well. Glad that problem is solved. Now as far as the plastic.... whoever thought that was a good idea (MTD) should be kicked square in the donkey.

Since the tractor frame is same as earlier models, the steel sheetmetal "can" be used but the instrument panel/dash pedestal makes it difficult.

I put 682 hoods and grille on a 1782 (similar plastic junk) by some minor modifying of the plastic dash. The sides of the existing dash require some "narrowin'" with a power tool (not cool tool) that is hardly noticed. IIRC, about 1/4" material removed each side following the lines of the x82 hood. Slip on an x82 hood and grille some day to see what I mean; it is a minor surgery.

Dem sidehoods ain't no big problem either, as you know the plastic ones used wingnuts to retain them (at the rear). That style is slightly different on the x82 hoods, same wingnuts but studs located in a different spot.
You have to cut the plastic from the dash piece on each side to allow the x82 hoods to fit against the metal pedestal. That's it.

IIRC, you may have a small gap between the x82 sidepanels and the tractor frame below, which a piece of flat stock fixes.

Hope you found this confusing yet understandable
beerchug.gif

I've been trying to figure out how to put hinges on a blue tarp ... plastic's plastic right !

I just put the final touch on it , plastic parts and a grease job. I need to do deck hangers next BUT buying a starter here and helping pay for a $600+ brake/belt job on the ol lady's Rodeo and now a leaking water pump will slow me down ... even my trips to the lake !!
I didn't want to mention 2 truck insurance payments next month ... to depressing
bash.gif

Rodeo (ol lady's ride) cost me another $298 for the water pump and new timing belt and labor.

I've spent enough on her Rodeo to have bought a new HDS depth finder !

Boy does she owe me ...
biggrin.gif

I think it's time for homemade hush puppies and homemade coleslaw and a BIG fish fry !!

Ya know Ken, most people would have used one of those box blades to level their property. But then again your not 'most people'.
thumbsup.gif

Allen, perhaps KENtucky thought they were called blocks blades...
dunno.gif

Back