• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

169 ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Achenbach

So this 169 showed up in Texas on FB but I thought that all 149’s and 169’s all had hydraulics. Clearly not the case or is this possibly some type of ruse? Thoughts?

Attachments

• C53DC555-C22F-4C9E-B75C-9D582CF151DF.png
    C53DC555-C22F-4C9E-B75C-9D582CF151DF.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 63
So this 169 showed up in Texas on FB but I thought that all 149’s and 169’s all had hydraulics. Clearly not the case or is this possibly some type of ruse? Thoughts?
There's many 169's with manual lift. There was a stretch where they ran out of ported pumps, back in the day.

I thought they all had ported pumps, but ran out of control valves or something else like that. The service bulletin to convert it assumes the tractor already has a ported pump.

I thought they all had ported pumps, but ran out of control valves or something else like that. The service bulletin to convert it assumes the tractor already has a ported pump.
When the snow melts, I'll go to the back barn and take a pic of a one a dealer had from new that doesn't. The only reason he kept it was because it didn't have a ported pump.

My 169 built 9/74 did not have a hydralic lift..If I remember right it had a ported pump and I removed the plugs and installed the hydro lift from a 149..

All that power ya need something stout and stiff to hang on to besides the wheel. No really, Late in the production run they started to run out of parts so they switched to manual lifts. All early 169's were hydraulic lift and the last were manual with the option to upgrade to hydraulic at a later date when parts were ready. Mine is manual lift so I left it that way, for now, I do have the parts to upgrade and a twin stick and front port set up for it.

Latest posts

Back