• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

169 OWNERS COLLECT HERE

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank: I just noticed your deck and its front-to-rear gauge wheel bracket. I don't have that kind of set-up on the 44A, 44C, or 50A decks I own, and I haven't seen anything like it except on yellow CC (and OT) decks. Is that a style which IH offered with the 169?

Just curious.
smile.gif

Jeremiah I believe that is a non IH modifacation.

Now for the 169 POTD
259613.jpg

Frank - I'm worried. You dropped a pint of oil in 32 hours? I'm afraid, I'm afraid, I'm afraid - but maybe I shouldn't be. I don't think I have that much run time in total on mine and I overhauled it 12 years ago. I don't want to mention how many times I've changed the oil but it's never been below the full mark on the dip stick. How much run time are you making before it's at your add mark? And then for the obvious final question - who makes the Ace 30W?

I have a set of amber taillight's for the 169 on there way... giggity

That's GREAT John B - can't wait to see a couple pics with them installed. Sometimes that's all it takes to make big sellers. Who knows, maybe you won't get any point deductions cause they might have the correct numbering (70 last 2 digits) but most likely will have the QL numbers (75 last 2 digits).

Harry...
You have a set of those lets see em on your 169.
Still waiting for POTD...

Jeff what's growing in the garden?

first things first POTD
259710.jpg

Lewis I know theres potatos and tomatos in that area but I am not in on the planting side, I till and condition and the I don't do much till picking time

Well shoot do-da could tell you which ones they are... His address is on the box they came in!!

No problem coming up against the governor mowing here:
259725.jpg

For the sharp-eyed, yes, this is an example of a dangerous situation. The engine's running, the blades are engaged, the brake's not set, and this is a steeper slope than the pic depicts. I realized the danger after I took the pic and stepped behind the tractor to put the camera in the toolbox. Although I got away with it this time because all went normally, I've learned that if the drive pin on a hydro fails you'd better have working brakes!
happy.gif

Frank- I could mow that at 5 mph and not hear the governor
1a_scratchhead.gif
You should sharpen your blades
beerchug.gif

Frank, oh Frank, oh Frank - I know you like taking risks. Better chalk it up to one you got away with.

Do-dah - I ain't removing the lenses I got since I'd be risking cracking them. I'm still waiting/hoping someone will post a pic of their amber lenses installed. I think John B was going to do that.

Ok folks,
Here's the deal.
I'm really getting tired of the emails asking WHY this thread continues all by itself and not on the main forum board.

Soooo, if the emails continue, I'm gonna shut it down. So don't be surprised if it happens.

Charlie, I am sorry there is more than one Whiner
a_weep.gif
out there complaing about our innocent thread in the sand box.

NO you know what, shame on you guys for bothering to make Charlie go thru the hassle of reading your emails to say why are they talking about a wide frame hydro in the sandbox..
He has MUCH better things to do..

Now to stay on topic while we can,
Frank you have inspired me to name my female 169, and to be close to you I will call her

Raggedy Ann

Seriously....E-Mails?? Come on people.
Uh, this is a hobby folks, if it is your whole world and you can't handle one little oasis for a certain model number of a garden tractor on one forum; you really need to get out more.
Take a break from the computer, get out to the garage, take the grandkids or whatever for a ride and get some perspective.
Bothering Charlie and whining about anything but perhaps a personal attack is a waste of his and your time.
I enjoy this somewhat odd (in my friends opinions) hobby and have met some of the most honest and helpful people I may ever come across.

I hoped, looked, traded and bartered for a LONG time to find a 169.
It is a real service to have one itty bitty corner to share relevant information, successes and failures in making the thing tick.
I let my 9 year old go around the block driving the 169 last night, me on the 108. THAT was great.
Whining about this little sandbox corner, NOT GREAT.

With that, I'm signing out of here until August.
Have a good July.

Hey guys, just back off
guns.gif
and have some fun with your tractors. Jeezus !

I thought this thread was in the sandbox and not on the main board because unlike a modern 1650, the 169 was an off topic tractor...

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1a_scratchhead.gif
fan.gif
explotar2jr.gif
censored.gif
facepalm.gif
angel.gif

Geez, what a shame. A nice little thread that Frank started since he was bringing life back to his 169. And we get to talk about the little things that matter with a 169, like the serial number, and which direction the hour meter faces, and a few other things. I doubt those things really matter on the Main page and would just take up space. And of course there aren't to many of us either and it helps to know each other a little better. This thread isn't private either. Everyone gets to read it, and everyone gets to contribute, and it doesn't necessarily have to be specific to the 169, but sorta would be nice. And we get input from people like Bill J telling us that a 1650 built in 1975 is a Modern tractor and the 169 built in 1974 is Old Iron. Who would'a thunk it? I sure hope ole Charlie doesn't give us the ole poof.

So Harry, why not get Charlie to start separate threads for O's, and every other series of IHC built garden tractors, since they all have differences? You, as one of the old timers, know why - that wasn't and still isn't the way the Forum has always been organized. There are subsets where needed, but there have been discussions in the past about abolishing the "running thread" of the main forum and the answer IIRC was "you don't like it the way it is, build your own forum".

Charlie has always taken a much softer approach, but as AFAIK, the traditional organization still stands and just a few Forum members, even though called out on it by the Forum owner, chose to disregard the Forum's posted requirement for content. Note that one of the results was new members posting questions there.....

Yup, as one of the Forum community (we ALL share the responsibility for keeping the post content on track so Charlie, Bryan and Kraig can actually have a life) I have chosen to call you guys out on it several times. My "reward" is to be referred to as a "whiner", by a couple of guys... One I'll disregard as a "heat of the moment" thing, but the other - I'll just consider the source - (I guess "accuracy" is only important in measurements with him...).

As far as emails directly to Charlie - yup, I sent him one, apologizing for bringing the issue up, but apparently others felt the same way - you guys were posting topics of value to the entire community, but not in the right place.......

Charlie, I know you're sick of this, and I'll take my medicine for posting a follow on comment here.. I still regard these folks as my friends, and for the sake of the good info posted here in the last few months, you can poof my response here, if need be, but don't abolish the thread - way too much good info to be lost....

Gerry

Gerry - the way the old Forum was organized there was only 1 thread. And if you think about it there are alot of threads now that could just as well be on the Main Forum page, but if Charlie did that then it looks to me like there would be a TON of posting about restoration units, Look What Followed Me Home (although this often gets included on the Main Page), Shredders, Snow Pics, Corporate Tragedy,etc. Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to an O thread. I actually never had one, never could find one when I was looking, and since they have alot of differences from the other models maybe they should have a separate thread. You know, it's all up to Charlie, but I sure hope people stop sending him e-mails about this thread.

Latest posts

Back