• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

169 OWNERS COLLECT HERE

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick, here is the S/N tag from Hydro's 169:

259439.jpg

Rick did you make more of those stickers? are they for sale?

That looks great

Kraig,

That serial number needs a makeover!

Jeff, I submitted my revisions to the printer this morning.
.Smaller lettering for the Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
. thinner lettering for International Harverstor Co.
.All lettering to be a shade of grey to better match the aluminum plate.( I told him whte...oops)

I'll make them available to forum members when I get the design nailed down.
I want to make sure the material is fairly durable and the look is close enough for most Cub folks (except for maybe Harry
err.gif
.)

They will be easy enough to ship!

Rick - ya my tag does need a make over, but IH closed up and ain't making them any more.
Honestly now, if I had your tag that had been blasted I'd definitely be going down the path you're following. Your decal will be a 100% improvement. The real answer is someone remaking the entire tag (as you mention they do for the big tractors). Then they could also address the little section "Serial No." that is missing from your decal.
By the way, your serial number is 523155 and mine is 523760 so I wasn't to far behind you in the production line.

This thread needs a daily pic...

Here's my 169 that I've been monkeying with. Just trying to get the parts in a running pile for a later restoration. I've been wanting a keeper 169 for quite a while. This one came from Tom H.. Was a manual lift, now is hydraulic lift and 1" spindles and has rear lift and weights.
Serial number: 2050048U523670

259536.jpg

And in other news. My serial plate tags are done and I am very very pleased. Here is a side by side of two 169 tags.
Left: Refurbished sticker Right: Original condition
259537.jpg

NICE RIGHT!

Rick better than nice,,its excellent..

I agree a daily pic sounds good, even if others don't like this thread
aaaa_tongue2.gif

Rick "This thread needs a daily picture"..
Actually, IMHO this thread should be closed ... (unless somebody can tell me what's so special about 169's that they don't fall under the main forum..)
coffee.gif

BTW - I agree with Jeff - excellent pair of Cubs...

Gerry, when there is a 169 in your fleet you can be special too.
fence.gif

Thanks for the positive comment. It's nice to have two running at the same time for once.

I guess the low quantities of 169's sold makes 'em "special" ?? (just like Pontiac Aztecs and Edsels...) Didn't need either of them "specials" either...
err.gif
clappy.gif

Andy's in trouble:
259555.jpg

259556.jpg

Not really. Tomorrow I go to TSC to see if I can get a set of Gator Blades for him. If not, maybe Charlie can fix me up with a set.
This is one mowing machine as it is, and hasn't really had a chance, yet to mow dry grass.
I'll subscribe to the pic a day idea because I really think that having one of the original 4005 IS special. Gerry's just jealous? My bad.
beerchug.gif

Under edit: I miss the Grump, too. When I first got involved with the Cub Cadet forums I asked "how do you run these things more than you work on them?" The answer was short and sweet - "Fix it right the first time". Sounds like a Grump answer to me!!
beerchug.gif

They only made 4005 aztecs and edsels??
well then they deserve a thread of their own also..
err.gif

Jeff: Have you ever taken a tour through the SANDBOX? Great thing to do on a rainy day. Somehow, now, the Sandbox seems to be the place to start a new thread for anything. Been there, done that, ain't doing that again.
beerchug.gif

Frank the sandbox does have many threads and I do regulary look at the old threads before starting a new one, we have duplicates and I am sure Charlie
does not have time to combine them.

The edsel/aztec was a FUN poke at Gerry, I stress FUN.

see you on the main page next..

Ya, and they only made about 4005 Special Edition Corvettes, and 4005 '74 Pontiac Trans Am Super Duty 445's, and 4005 Cobra's, and 4005 Shelby Mustang GT500's, and on and on and on.
I agree with Frank- sounds like an old Grump to me.

Let's have a little yellow zen time.
Feel your inner happiness.
259560.jpg

And dream of........special.
259561.jpg

Rick: Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... it works !!
happy.gif

beerchug.gif
For today, it being the 18th of June in the Year of our Lord 2013:
259595.jpg

He's not running! What looks like smoke may be from my cigarette!
Anyway...we made more little progressive steps today. Old seat welting (the stuff is indestructible) on the back of the hood cut down some rattling. 2 new rear gage wheels from our local ACE hardware that's going out of business (dammit) and is selling at 50% off ($13 for wheels and bolts) was a plus. 32 hours on the motor job and it dropped a pint of oil in 12 hours. Changed it again. Using ACE 30w that went on sale last year for $2/qt. (bought 48 qts., so oil changes are cheap). Mounted a .30 cal. toolbox.
I don't remember ever enjoying mowing as much as I do with this machine.
beerchug.gif

Frank you did good, my wife is out using our 169 to pull wagons of compost around as I type..

I will try to get tommorrows POTD

Jeff: Right on! Andy and I go to OxBow for the next couple days and we're anxious to see how he does in the wake of his little (123) sister Emma. I neglected to take/post pics of what she did but tomorrow the camera goes with.
happy.gif

Damn, I'm good! Just turned the page!
cubwinker.gif

Latest posts

Back