• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

169 OWNERS COLLECT HERE

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys of the 169 kind.I just purchased a good condition 169 with deck, wheel weights and hitch for $ 500.00.The hour meter was removed years ago for pro engine rebuild.My question is what holds the hour meter in.Thanks for any info.Very good Cadet site.

James... Welcome to the best cub info center on the net..

Your questions concerning 169's can be asked here or on the main page.

The hour meter is held onto the side panal with a rear bracket that holds it tight and has stake on tabs for the wires. I would post a picture or two but I don't have them on this computor.

You have scored your-self a great deal, "do you know the 169 history?".

As far as finding one several of the sponsers above carry them, or try the classifieds here, but be very careful on ebay.

One final thing we have a guy compiling a NO Name data base for thes 169 tractors. we even found the first 169 made this way

If you would not mind, foward the tractor serial number,engine spec and serial number, and the number of cooling fins on the block to..

[email protected]

James T - I'm wondering if you may have the original rectangular tail light lenses. If they are a sort of rectangular box could you let us know the numbering on them?

Jeff - we need pics, we need pics, we neet pics. I sure hope you get those pics of your hour meter off your other puter??? I just used one from an early QL unit. I didn't bother changing the hours figuring it rolled over at least once maybe twice, but I did polish up the lense. What's this stuff about "stake on tabs for the wires"? I don't know what you mean. The one I installed had a 2-wire L-shaped push on connector, if I recall correctly.
Hey, Art sure'nuff knows whose is whose but he ain't letting it out (cept to the NSA of course).

Sorry used the wrong term the push on connectors are what I referred to as stake on connector

James T here are a few 169 hour meter pics,..note these are also POTD
259829.jpg

259830.jpg

259831.jpg

Hope this helps,

Ok Jeff - I think there is a minor problem with your hour meter POTD. Looks to me like your 169 must have a later replacement. I believe the original meter is supposed to have the white color "IH" at the 12 o'clock position (60 hour meter position), and the "black hour glass" surrounded in a white rectangular box at the 8:00 o'clock position (40/400 hour meter position), like this one. This is not from my 169 and I didn't post before since I didn't have a pic of the back to show the mount or wire connector. Obviously your's is correct for those parts.
259837.jpg

Harry, I grabbed the first one from the cub cadet parts draw, I believe my other one has the IH on it, and this one came off a 1650.

IH made a change,,maintenance minder meter was changed @588841

I believe this is where the logo started to disappear..

OK...I don't think parts should qualify for POTD.

We need the whole tractor. Heck, a repeat of a tractor would be better than some old part.

Harry- Show everyone what a trailer queen looks like.

Wayne - sorry I don't have any recent pics of my Queen. Here's the best I can do on short notice for a POTD (sorry the nose and fenders are clipped but it's nearly a complete tractor pic).
259853.jpg
biggrin.gif

Wayne, I was hoping that since the part was specific to the 169 it would qaulify, But since you so far are the majority vote,, We will go with needing most of tractor for POTD

Thanks for covering me Harry

Jeff, thanks a lot for info and pictures.I sorta thought that would be what it looks like.Im already checking supplies.As for history,the PO i purchased it from,his dad purchased it over 30 yrs back from Cub Cadet dealer and since had the engine professionaly built as well as seals in hydro and anything else that it needed at time.
Its been service by same dealer almost every yr. since.I did find some minor quirks, nothing major
It does show on ser. no. a true 169 and engine has 13 fins.I have been reading post on this site for awhile and got an interest in the 169's
I have in the 2-'s cub cadets from cco to 982 and diesels.Don't need a single one,but whats need got to do with,right!!Now i don't have time to play with them.I will try to get some pictures and more info soon.Again thanks for help and i maybe calling on all of you in future.

Hydroharry,yes it does have the lense base plates but not lenses as usual.I will get this info on post as soon as i can and hope it too will help.

James sounds like a well cared for tractor we hope to see pics, 13 fins sound good, hope you are able to send Art your info for the regerstry.

Is it hydro or manual lift?

Charlie:
coffee.gif

Ultimatum accepted.
259896.jpg

I think the pros outweigh the cons. My sister works for the IRS and I had her hack your email account. I know who the cons are and will publish that info as soon as I gain amnesty in Switzerland. (Can't publish it on the Internet if it's not true, ya know).
I've contacted the Yard Harley guy to see if he can do the decal in white for a black seat back.
Tell me more about the Seat Contest. Oh, that was my dream, wasn't it?
happy.gif
happy.gif

This is my first time loading pict. of cc 169 recently purchased on 2hr.ea. way roadtrip w/wife and grandaughter.Good day and met a stranger i had never met.Hope this works.
259939.jpg

Hydroharry, here's the info on my cc 169 tailight lense base.
Reflectolite 300
SAE-PC-67 Does this help?

James,,
that is a Awesome find, that tractor looks really good. I see what appears to be a 50 deck and wheel weights. Very well worth a 2 hour trip.
does it have a rear lift?
some of us are wondering what the build date of your tractor is.
good job with pics

And I am sure HydroHarry will like the tail lite info..

James T - that sure'nuff is a nice find. I'd a drove alot more than 2hr each way to find that one. I see no rust really at all. It needs a little help in the seat area, but hey, most all of'm do anyway. Looks to me like you have the hydraulic lift on it too - but not sure since I only see a teeny bit of the lift handle on the right side. Looks like you're missing the hour meter but that's no big deal either since you can find them around. The sweet spot of course is that big honking 13fin K341A under the hood. Ya gotta let us know how she runs. Sorry I don't have the info handy on the correct tail light mounts. I seem to only have the info for the lenses themselves. Post us some more pics, and we'll be able to tell you more (see if you can make'm just a bit bigger in sizing - AW HECK, make'm as BIG as you can on this thread!!!!) And don't forget to send your tractor and engine serial number info to Art. I think he has a post on here in a previous thread so you can get his e-mail. If not I think ole Jeff will provide it. We just gotta get ya on "The 169 List". As you know there ain't many of us - started with 4005 back in '74, 2nd lowest production CC model by IH, and there ain't that many of us around anymore, so we like to know whose who, and do what we can to keep all our blood flowing. In fact, this thread started with ole Frank up in NE Spudland (I think he claims it to be tree land) bringing an extended life back to his unit. Of course his K341A hadn't died since Old Cubs Never Die, but it did have a broken rod and crack in the lower cylinder wall - but he was successful with his recesitation AND SHE BREATHES AGAIN big time!!! Her balance gears have gone the way of the Great IH Smoke Cloud (probably sittin on his shelf in the cellar) but Kohler actually removed them later as well - so Frank's unit is all set for another 1/2 century of chores!!! Fill us in with more details and pics as soon as you can. We really want ta help ya out.

James S. Tew: I'd say
WELCOME.gif
groupwave.gif
but I see you've been registered since 2007. Also see you have many IH CCs. So now I'm going to give you a big, fat THANK YOU for choosing this thread to finally post in. Some, here, have been discussing the feelings involved with finding a 169. You've helped our cause!
smile.gif

here is POTD 169 hooked up with the manure spreader
259948.jpg

Back