• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

169 OWNERS COLLECT HERE

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New in 1974 the 169 cost about $1800. Inflation Calculator makes that about $8700 in today's money.

Where is #506737?
happy.gif

Thanks for the update, Art. The list grew! Up to about 10% of original 4,005!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank C - I have to guess your calculator on price is correct. I don't know that formula.

But you better re-check your 10% of original 4005.
crash.gif

My calculation puts its at about 1%

Frank: The 169 serial #506737 is still in Bennettsville, Indiana and will probably be there until it is in another estate sale. I had it overhauled shortly after buying it from the original owner's estate sale and it runs great like an old Cub Cadet should. I mow and push snow with it occasionally. I would like to make it as good looking as Hydro Harry's some time or other.

Thank you, Harry! What a difference a decimal point makes!

I go here: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/ when I want to compare then to now.

Thank you, Jeff and Thurman. I should have remembered that, - now there's 2 things gone and memory wasn't the first.
happy.gif

Thanks, Charlie for opening this thread again. My skin's not as thick as yours.
happy.gif

Well Jerry "nines are wild" asked if we knew the last 169 serial number since we had the first. So I did some math and thinking. They built the 4005 over 8 months which averages 500 a month. Our last documented 169 is 529277. After that 169, IH only made 762 more 1x8,9 units. During the month of October they made 4232 1x8,9 total

So our 529277 may be or is close to the last 169. We may never know what was the last 169, but maybe Paul or Myron will know more and chime in.

I believe there are some questions to answer before we are able to figure out what serial number would be the LAST 169...

One question mark resides with the 4,005 number. Why the extra 5 and not just 4,000? Were the extra 5 considered test-bed models that were not given out to the general public?

Also, wasn't <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> building other models right along with the 169's? If that's the case, until someone unearths documentation on which serial number was the final 169, we may never know.

Thruman-
I don't remember the exact condition of your 169, but I have a good friend who gave me some very good food for thought when I asked about restoring another CC I have. He said, "They're only original once."

Something to consider.

I have a 169 that I found about 8 miles from home a few years ago. It has a grenaded engine. It has been dismantled to restore, started by one brother and continues by a second one, moved from 2-3 locations. Many small pieces are gone and a couple of larger ones such as the headlight panel, wire harness etc.
It does still have the large air cleaner. I have picked up a correct 13 fin engine for it but have no idea of the condition of the engine. It looks like you would need a parts 149 to supply all the missing odds and ends. Not sure if it is really worth it. I have way too many projects now. This has been around here for 2-3 and all I have done so far is move it. What would you guys do part it out (I could use a few things off of it for a 149 worker that I use now), or try to put it back together?

David G. If I had a way to get that 169 back to Iowa then I'd take it from you just as is if the price was right. I's reassemble it and finish it up into a nice 169 again. So.... Let me know your thoughts and I'll work on getting it back to Iowa.
happy.gif

Just remembered.... I do have a way to get it back to Iowa... if you can store t once I pay for it.... The Cub Cadet Transportation Network.

David please don't part it out, and send Art the info if you already haven't

David I live 6 miles north of Rt. 30 about 110 miles into Ohio from the west.
I'll probably let it set for awhile anyways. If I decide to sell or part it will be posted in the classifieds. It just appears to be missing so many little parts like even the hood hinge.
I'll get the numbers to Art eventually as soon as I can get some paint off of the engine shroud to read that number. Someone painted the engine red over the cub yellow sometime.

Thanks David we need all the 169 info we can find for the database

Charlie - no it isn't a wanted section. Everyone on here wants something for a 169, even me. It's more of a discussion of what we want and others saying "don't part it out". There's only 4005 and that number is getting smaller not bigger, except for those of us that can salvage them and keep'm going, thanks in no small part to your support.

Mike: Time: Take the time to do the job, take the time to take a picture, take the time to upload the picture to the computer, take the time to resize the picture to post it, whatever!

309813.jpg

309814.jpg

Anyway, today it happened - the golden muffler got installed. Andy's very happy! You should hear him sit there and idle away! I'll see if I can arrange that in the near future.
happy.gif

The dash turned out nice.It was not bad but faded and the litho ws weak so I polished the bare spots on the plate masked it painted it and cut the logos out of the mylar dash decal in the kit and over layed it on the plate where the bosses are.

Back