• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

169 OWNERS COLLECT HERE

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don Tanner - just where you been hiding up there. Take a trip to the island again?
Did you see Frank must have a broken Quick Attach latch on the front.

Harry: Thanks for the poke on the QA Latch. I just went out and upped it. Must've forgotten it last time I sharpened blades.
So: Spare Blades: 1 set of Hardened Surface or 3 sets of Standard? (About the same cost).
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don: The tri-rib on the board for the pic was to give a fairly accurate idea of the height. It succeeded in showing me that the tire doesn't ride on just the middle rib. The middle rib is sort of like a keel on a boat. They are easier on the steering, including the nut behind the wheel.
happy.gif

Frank - geez I'm glad I pointed out your latch position. If you would'a hit the brakes on your 169 your sub-frame mighta come slidin forward and messed things up, ruined a belt, or who knows what. Course I doubt you'd ever hit the brakes - I see the front tire on that board and the brake isn't latch. Guess you don't worry about Andy rolling away - he'll probably just dis-appear one day. What was that about a "nut behind the wheel".

The 169 got a new light switch, and two new headlights tonight. Found out I have one bad rear taillight assembly. GRRR.

May try the 169 plowing tomorrow night in the dark - something we have been wanting to do as a group but haven't had the chance.

John - if you're talking about the tail light base assembly being bad, well there ain't much to them. You can usually bend up the connections to make them work again. If it's a corroded wire I'd get a new piece and solder it in. The correct bases are hard to find and expensive, so I'd try really hard fixing it. You can probably use some parts from an incorrect assembly to refit it. Good luck with it.

Harry, the actual metal tab that holds the bulb is rusted badly and very fragile and wont hold tension against the bulb end....

I'll look around, I'll find some somewhere. Gotta get red lenses anyways.

here is POTD, no its not mine but you all should be able to guess the owners name,

261968.jpg

I've yet to think of a name for this one.. Either it's "Captain One-Eye" or "the roll pin snapping SOB". Haven't decided. lol

Andy and I did some more night mowing tonight. I could get into this! If I do, there'll be a light that illuminates the discharge chute. When it's really dark, peripheral vision isn't much use and using reverse without being aware of your surroundings can be scary - just hope no one's dumb enough to get behind you, I guess.
Harry: Jeanne said we looked good out there and she couldn't tell the taillights were from an 82 series. For me, I couldn't/wouldn't play in the dark without working taillights - I don't know why, just me, I guess.
OK, someone else's turn, now.
happy.gif

It is in very good hands of a fellow forum owner J Boelens...

These are picks from his very cool plow-day I liked the skilled driving track with poles to tap....

Jeff - did you see my 72 run the course? Even after bumping the ball off the pole.. (+3 second add)... I still beat the next guy by .5 seconds... and I won a Ham outta the deal!

FYI the 169 now has red taillights instead of ol' one eye amber. yay!

John - dang it, I don't think I saw a good pic of the one eye amber. I've been waiting along time to see a good pic with the yellar fender and black seat and black wall tires contrast against that amber lens. I still think it should look good. (probably have to put one of those little purple dots in the center like the H-rodders do)

Harry, Scroll down about 8 or ten posts. Jeff Baker took a pic of the 169 and posted it here at one of my plow days.

John - ok, I admit I missed that pic. Didn't put 2 and 2 together, or maybe I should say the straw in the background didn't provide enough contrast for me to notice the single amber lens. I still get a sense that amber color wouldn't look to bad.

Latest posts

Back