• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

169 OWNERS COLLECT HERE

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case you 169 guys need something to think about tonight!
261098.jpg

Charlie - do those fit the 129 pan? The ones I bought at the Oakley tractor show/swap meet here in Michigan a few years ago didn't last as long as the originals, may have been very old original stock, but cracked in the corners and started disintegrating after that...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Also, off topic and usually verboten doing it this way, but would you try sending another e-mail to my wowway.com address (kide@) - I want to see if they are still bouncing things..

That seat saw daylight for the first time today since it was boxed up many moons ago about 5 minutes before the pic was taken from the original box and still wrapped in the plastic. It's nice and soft as well.

Email on the way.

this sounds weird, but Charlie you have a nice seat

Now Charlie - the 169 guys "could" think about that seat, but they would have to think long and hard about using a "Quiet Line" OEM (style) seat on their unit. That's when that style first appeared.

Naw Charlie - keep the 100% correct ones aside for a special occasion. They really weren't quite as comfortable as the QL version you're showing. I don't think they had as much padding which made them look like they had a wider pan across the bottom but I think the QL seat measured the same outside dimension. I do think you oughta run a special on those QL seats. I know there are alot a guys that would like to have at least a pair of them. And with normal careful use (no screw drivers in your back pockets) they should be good for 10-20 years.

OK guys,

Make sure you keep plenty of Armor All on those nice seats so they won't crack. Your tail may slide around a little, but the seats will last a whole lot longer.
thumbsup_old.gif

Keeping them out of sunlight and weather really helps too.

Exhaust bling:
261148.jpg

Since Dave Kirk isn't selling tachometers anymore:
261149.jpg
happy.gif
happy.gif

Yes, I have! It reads RPM on the Kohler accurately on the 8cyl. scale. A friend and I used to do some tune-ups back when the average backyard mechanic could work on car engines. Although I've misplaced tools over the years I've lost very few.
happy.gif
happy.gif

I've got a Matco Multimeter that you can set for engine rpm's... was reading in the book and you can go down to 1 cyl... Hmmm.. I may just have to try!

I've got the Heathkit CM 2045 Small Engine Tune Up Meter my dad built about 35 years ago.. New D cells once in a while, works great.. They show up on EvilBay and flea markets every so often..
261184.jpg

I use one of these to check RPM's on everything, from engines, to grinders, to compressors, drills, you name it, anything you can get a little square piece of relective tape 1/8" x 1/8" to stick to. And they're easy to calibrate.... just point & shoot them at a fluorescent light and look for 3600 RPM; http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit8908

But I can't use it on a CC 169... because I don't have one. But since it reads up to 99,999 RPM I could use it on SON's R/C engines that run 40,000+ RPM.... if I could run along side the car at 60 MPH.

Hey Frank - what happened to all the 169 owners postings??? And where is Jeff's POD???

Back