• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

1450 PTO oil seal recommends needed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CopyDoc

I have an old buddy who needs a little work via an oil leak at the front seal (behind PTO) and need anyone's recommend on how to resolve it. I have done numerous searches for a new oil seal, with all saying "not available"? can anyone steer me on what I should do next, or can they recommend someone who can fix this with some magic. I have a snowthrower leaning against the wall for 20+ years now (gravel drive) but don't use it anymore.

PTO end crankshaft seal for a 1650 is part number KH-47-032-07. I'm not sure how you are getting your info, but it is available from dozens of places.

Remove the PTO clutch, drive a couple self-tapping screws into the old seal (taking care not to damage the seal bore of the engine block or the crankshaft), pull it out, and install a new one to the depth stated in the service manual using a seal driver or piece of pipe.

PTO end crankshaft seal for a 1650 is part number KH-47-032-07. I'm not sure how you are getting your info, but it is available from dozens of places.

Remove the PTO clutch, drive a couple self-tapping screws into the old seal (taking care not to damage the seal bore of the engine block or the crankshaft), pull it out, and install a new one to the depth stated in the service manual using a seal driver or piece of pipe.
My apologies on the post. The correct model is a 1450 w Kohler 14hp engine (acr).

Part number is the same for a 1450.
Many thanks for your assistance. I tried a couple part places again (jacks, ereplace..., etc) and again, "not available", I even tried the engine diagram with no luck but used your known part number and had success with locating it, again many thanks...

Many thanks for your assistance. I tried a couple part places again (jacks, ereplace..., etc) and again, "not available", I even tried the engine diagram with no luck but used your known part number and had success with locating it, again many thanks...
How bout one of the sponsor buttons at the top of the page? (y)
1587591052512.png

I had an interesting issue with the PTO seal on my Magnum 20S, 49623 engine recently. It appears that there are two different seals available for that motor, one from Kohler and the correct one from Cub Cadet. The original seal was from Singapore #BE1059E and still had the engine black paint on it.
I did confirm the engine in mine was a Kohler (acr) as it still had the sticker on it and even though I was having a hard time finding it (for whatever reason) (maybe my error), Digger was kind enough to assist with the PN and I found it advertised as a OEM Kohler part and have ordered it and will clean the PTO while it is apart since it is doing a good job of slinging oil. The tractor has been used for 40 years now but I am questioning it's life, especially since I don't use the snow thrower anymore.
At this point, I do not have any evidence to steer me on this "correct" part, so I suppose my only option would be to disassemble it to find out. This tractor belonged to my grandmother (long passed) and she stated when she first got it, a neighbor tipped it over and they had to replace the engine, and all my identification has come from the engine itself.
I've included a screenshot of the purchase, I also noticed they doubled the price AFTER I made the purchase, course it was half the price everyone else was offering it for to begin with.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.gif
    Clipboard01.gif
    8 KB · Views: 203
Once you remove the pto clutch assembly and clean the oil from the engine, you should be able to read the part number on the seal itself. You could then cross reference the numbers of the old and new seals to confirm that they are compatible or match, just to double check. In the case of my 2082, I found out that the M20S motor was used for different applications which warranted different seal types.

Latest posts

Back