• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 Hydraulic Filter & rear gasket

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobdoss

I have been rebuilding a 1450 for the last 2 years. I have 2 questions if anyone can give advice

One, tightening the hydraulic transmission filter, is it slightly oil the filter gasket snug up, back off and hand tighten or slightly more?

Second question, the rear hydraulic gasket, I replaced the one on my 1250 several years ago, my memory is failing me, and if I remember correctly I used a new gasket, with a special gray silicone sealant, slightly snugged and waited 24 hours to tighten to prevent a leak. Is this the best method?

Thanks for your help

Install it like any other similar filter...lube the gasket, then tighten until snug and then an additional 1/4 turn or as far as you can get it by hand with no tools will be fine.

Gasket + permatex aviation gasket sealer works good on the rear cover gasket. Make sure the mating surfaces are surgically clean and flatten distorted areas of the cover with a hammer and anvil if necessary. Install per instructions on the can and torque to spec in the service manual. RTV has no place on the transaxle on an IH Cub Cadet.

Latest posts

Back