• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1250 Hydrostatic won't move

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonC

Hi,
Newbe here. I just acquired a cub 1250 with hydrostatic trans and rear. I have the engine running but shifting the lever in forward or reverse nothing moves. The drive shaft from the engine turns and is turning the transmission shaft but machine does not move at all. Is there a bypass lever that needs to move? I think this machine was made 1975? Please any help is appreciated. Sadly I am just beginning to learn about the old Cubs, but am determined to learn. Thanks

Thank you for your help. Checked fluid seems to be full. Fluid looked kind of pink color, did not have a bad or burned smell, will go out to look for release lever on right side. Where can I find out what filter it takes and how to check internal release valves? Thank you again.

Ron, pink color fluid..could be it was filled with auto trans fluid and at some point water got mixed in...I use dexmerc in my snowplow and it gets changed every yr because it turns pink from liquid bypassing upper ram seal.

Ron, pink color fluid..could be it was filled with auto trans fluid and at some point water got mixed in...I use dexmerc in my snowplow and it gets changed every yr because it turns pink from liquid bypassing upper ram seal.
Anything is possible. Got this from an estate sale. The man was a collector they said that passed away. No one I talked to had any knowledge about the cubs he had. This one looks like he had been working on it. A new nut or bolt here and there, clean spots, gas in the tank that wasn't rotten, things like that. Thanks for you input.

Sou
Hi,
Newbe here. I just acquired a cub 1250 with hydrostatic trans and rear. I have the engine running but shifting the lever in forward or reverse nothing moves. The drive shaft from the engine turns and is turning the transmission shaft but machine does not move at all. Is there a bypass lever that needs to move? I think this machine was made 1975? Please any help is appreciated. Sadly I am just beginning to learn about the old Cubs, but am determined to learn. Thanks
Sounds like air in the system or under the cover between seat and console are 2 bolt heads on the pump. One might be open. That's how you free wheel this hydro to roll it. People open them to breathe. Make sure they are right. Or maybe the lever came disconnected or it's low on fluid or the filter needs replacing. There's a few options

Sou

Sounds like air in the system or under the cover between seat and console are 2 bolt heads on the pump. One might be open. That's how you free wheel this hydro to roll it. People open them to breathe. Make sure they are right. Or maybe the lever came disconnected or it's low on fluid or the filter needs replacing. There's a few options
"Tight" not right

Hi,
It may not have the release lever for the valves still in place as they would get broken or rot away from the bottom side of the cover. You may have to remove the cover over the transmission to check the release valves. It may be a simple fix. It should move even if somebody added some transmission fluid to it. However, I am a firm believer in using the hydraulic oil that International recommends and would drain and refill it if it were mine. Good luck on this one.

Back