• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

124 drive shaft

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesmith

displayname
melvin e. smith
the clutch release bearing had to be replaced.it was down for a week.now I have forgotten the correct stack up of springs,spacers,etc. thanks mesmith

Melvin...until someone else posts a picture...go up top to 'Cub Cadet parts lookup' block and put in 124...then 'parts' then 'clutch'. I think thats what your looking for. Good luck.

Mel,

Here is the sequence for clutch reassembly from the service manual.

flat washer, loading spring, flat washer, release bearing (long shaft forward), release lever (channel flanges toward rear), and the teaser (cushion) spring. Coil spring pin, rear pressure plate (slotted hub), friction disc, and forward pressure plate, coil spring pin through pressure plate hub and shaft.

You'll need some kind of press to compress the loading spring far enough to get the coil spring in the shaft behind rear washer on the loading spring.

Bruce

Melvin,

153177.jpg

153178.jpg

Latest posts

Back