• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1/4" Cordless Impact Wrench

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Well I finally got to use my Christmas present this weekend...a new Ryobi 1/4" drive cordless impact wrench.

Guys for $130 bucks this is the coolest and most usefull tool I have in the shop!!!!! Highly recommended for GT work...just the right amount of torque (max = 70 ftlb) for GT sized fasteners, small, and easy to use!!!!

I used a guys Makita 3/8" impact driver to run some self starting screws into 3/16" steel ... yes 3/16" ! I then picked up my Dewalt 18v 1/2" hammer drill and tried it ...... that dang Makita ate my Dewalt up !
sad.gif
I don't know what the voltage was but it was about 2/3 the size of mine and real compact.

Ken, I’m sure you know a hammer drill is not the same as an impact, so I don’t doubt that his impact did better than your drill. I have a 18v DeWALT impact wrench and it is defiantly one of the best tools I ever bought. I use it all the time. I see the also have a “high torque” version now that does 300 ft-lbs.

I bought a 3/8 drive cordless impact from snap on. I used it so much I bought the 1/4" drive one. I used my 1/4" drive impact so much I figured the 1/4" one would be handy. I was right.
I work on saws and a few mowers everyday. Sure is nice not fighting a hose...

Back