Z Force series?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzimmerman

displayname
Joe Zimmerman
Anyone out there running a Z Force zero turn? Looking at them, but hoping to hear from experienced users before plunking down that kind of dough.

I bought an LZ 54 TANK year ago last April. 27 hp Kawasaki engine, dual Eaton hydro pumps/motors. Twin 7-1/2 gallon gas tanks. I replaced a 1980 982 with 50C deck. Cut my mowing time from right at 4 hours with the 982 to 3 hours first time mowing with the Tank. With a bit more stick time I take about 2-1/2 hours now. Need to chip some stumps and I'll be under 2 Hours.
Mower blades run MUCH faster than any CC tractor, you can NOT get the mower to clump up clippings, mower throws clippings 12 feet away in a smooth blanket, mower mows evenly, stripes the lawn nicely.

With the 982 with no power steering I was tired after an hour and could barely lift my arms when done mowing. With the TANK just light pushes and pulls pivot the TANK into instant changes of speed and direction. No shortage of power, burns about a gallon less gas per mowing, 3-1/2 gal vs 4-1/2 gal for 982.

I always had a problem buying something that just could only do one thing, mow grass, so I pull my Pronovost P-503 cart with it too. It mows side slopes better than any of my garden tractors too.

The Tank LZ was a left over 2015 model, commercial grade. Pivoting frt axle, suspended seat, very comfortable seat. I looked real hard at a Pro Z 54 inch but the Tank weighed 250 pounds more where it counted.

Depending on how much ground you mow I'd buy a bigger commercial mower as opposed to a residential mower. I'm sure you would be happy with it.

Latest posts

Back