• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Yellow Jackets and other Stinging Insects

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"thrown a rock at them" OMG here come the childhood flashbacks
icon_eek.gif

luther I dont know how high up the nest is but if you have a windy enough day whack it with a 2x4 or something just dont stand down wind

I will have to burn or spray the hornets. They are about 30 yards from my house.We used to haul hay on a flatbed truck. We would get some rocks and throw at hornet nests on the way back to the hayfield. Then the truck driver watched until we hit the nest, then stopped the truck. We ran and jumped in the pond. He was the only one stung by the hornets.

Why do kids always "throw a rock at them"? I used to do the same thing when I was a kid! Seems as though my sister and cousin always got the stings and I lucked out with none! Those poor girls! LOL

Thomas J.!!!!!! <font size="-2">(From My Girl)</font> Look what happened to him.

Well, it's that time of the year again to watch out for yellowjackets. I discovered my first encounter the day before yesterday. I was cleaning up an old pile of rotten logs I'm tired of mowing around. I picked up a log and there was what looked like a small skull then I noticed the little yellow bodies cranking up their engines. I dropped the log and reminded myself of just how fast I can move when needed. I didn't get stung. I went back and watched the swarm from a safe distance. It wasn't that big of a nest I don't think. Yesterday I noticed I dropped the log right over the opening so I got a long stick and moved it. I figure this way I will have a more effective target for tonight. I always give them at least 24 hours to calm back down. I want to make sure they are all home when I come calling.

Be careful out there especially if you are allergic.

Found a yellow hornet nest today near my house. I have been seeing them on my carport in the A M and today i acidently drove the tractor and brush hog to close to them. Didn't get stung but 2 got in my beard and i crushed them. Good thing i had gloves on. Tomorrow i will burn them out.
Couldn't get picture(they were mad and i was chicken).

Back