• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Xtream sleeve hitch question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edale

displayname
Everett Dale
Has anyone bought any of the "Xtreme Hitch - Lower Sleeve Hitch U-Brackets" from Xtreme Motorworks? I'd like to know if I should buy one with or without "ears" for my 982. What are the ears anyway. The description suggests that the ears go to the axle tubes in some way.

Thanks

-everett

Since Aaron posts here on the forum all the time, I'd expect he'll answer soon.....

Everett, as Gerry mentioned Aaron may help out soon. If you want a picture of one mounted, look here.
Go the bottom of the home page and find 'The Vault'. takes a few seconds to load.
Go to 'Archive thru may13, 2009'
Look for a Digger post on May14 at 12:30pm
Seems the ears help prevent ripping out the rear bolts under extreme conditions.

Everett; I put one on my 124 for using the tiller and it strengtheng the rear bracket by tieing it to the axle carier bolts. I like it.

Thanks for the info so far, but just to clarify...

here is an image

194932.jpg

So the top one is without ears and the bottom ones are with ears? I kinda got from the description on the web site that there was something else involved.

-everett

Everette, Sorry didnt get to this right away - lost my whole computer - hope the boss dont mind that im doing this at my regular job! The bracket ties into your axle tubes and basically makes it impossible to pull the bolts out of the cast or aluminum rear end. The dual tab one will distribute more evenly across the pins.

Arron:

Sorry to hear about your computer. I've been there.

I guess where I'm confused is how you have the different products posted on you site.

What is the difference between the CC-29-102 and the CC-29-060 or a simpler question I guess would be what are the part numbers for these two items? as they are what I want to buy.

194967.jpg

194968.jpg

Thanks for the info, and sorry to waste everyones time on this.

-everett

Latest posts

Back