• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wreckreation Nation with Dave Mordal

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbusch

displayname
Terry Busch
There is a new show on the Discovery channel where Dave Mordal, a Minnesota native, hosts a show that highlights hobbies. I thought it would be fun to start a thread on their site and mention plow day. Maybe Discovery will show up to the Iowa plow day!

Here is a link to the thread.
http://tinyurl.com/bpbrll

Terry B Fantastic idea. Horse TV a.k.a. RFDTV never seems to reply when I've tried to spark their interest.

Greg L. Are you going to be a spectator or plowing this year at Rockford? If'n I can get the three Cubs to PD then you can plow with one of them or try out all three... or even plow with one if that is all I can get there.
happy.gif

Marlin - Thanks for the offer, but I'll have my 782 plowing this year. Not sure whether I'll have the grandson's 1250 done by then, but I'll have at least one plowing. My son-in-law may be with me, so if I only have one tractor I may still take you up on your offer.

Note to self: What a great site, with great people - where else would someone offer to let a complete stranger use their tractors?

Marlin H We could send RFD-TV 's online Viewer Survey a Few thousand of our member's responses with 24/7 viewing in the comments box. And the request to fulfil our Cubitis needs based on IH's roots in rural AMERICA since 1905... & almost forgot Cyrus McCormick back in 1800's. They'd have to notice a flood of thousand or more responses ,wouldn't U think?

i was just wondering.....if anyone knows if international harvester made m-1 grands. a m-1 grand is a gun used in ww2 by us americans. saw one today in a book and sure enuff, said made by international harvester. is the same company that made our tractors?

JOHN - Yes, The International Harvester M-1 rifles were made by the same company that made the reapers, FARMALL's, Cub Cadets, trucks, etc.

There was an article in Red Power Magazine a year or so ago....Seems to Me they were made in the refridgeration plant in Indiana, name of the exact town escapes Me right now, I think it was Elkhart, IN. Plant made refridgerators, freezers, & A/C units along with milk coolers.

DENNIS- thank you for the reply! i never would have guessed that IH played the role they did to serve this country as they did! boy,would i like to have a IH m1 some day.....that would go good with my IH collection!

"JCL",
IH made all kind of stuff for the War effort. Trucks, tanks, torpedos, rifles, etc.. That's back when Americans were <u>AMERICANS!!</u>

JOHN - The IH M-1's bring a premium price. Go figure Huh?
dunno.gif

I am not proud of myself for sending this. I wrote my honest thoughts. This was just sent to RFDTV before I posted it here.

This saddens me to write this however I feel strongly about what I am about to write. In the past three years I've written RFDTV about a fast growing recreational event that has its roots in farming. This event is increasing in popularity throughout the United States and includes people from ALL walks of life, from rural to cityfolk. I've never heard any response from RFDTV of any kind. Yes, I now work in a factory and was raised on a farm. This pastime that I've written to RFDTV about is an event simply called, "PLOW DAY" or Plowing with vintage and new garden tractors. You see plowing with these vintage Cub Cadets, Allis Chalmers, Massey Ferguson, John Deere, even Sears Roebuck and others garden tractors brings people from all walks of life to enjoy a day of not only plowing with garden tractors, but also sharing stories of childhood and other memories or either growing up on a farm or visiting a family or friend's farm. This is a part of bringing back and creating new memories for future generations to treasure.

Plow Day events are being held more and more throughout the U.S. The "unofficial" largest of these is held in the small town of Rockford, Iowa each spring with Travis Schweizer hosting this event. Kraig McConaughey from Somerset, Wisconsin not only videotapes on his own but incorporates others pictures and film footage to create very professional footage of the rockford event. Other Plow Days are held throught the midwest and eastern parts of the country in both the spring and fall. The Rockford event even has a gentleman from Anchorage, Alaska fly down to participate.

It saddens me when I am smart enough to realize that, "Yes, many people enjoy horses, rural flavored cooking, old machinery, etc.", however for RFDTV to not even acknowledge this throughly enjoyable pastime of plowing with vintage and modern garden tractors bewilders me. Isn't plowing part of farming? Just because this is accomplished with garden tractors instead of big old farm tractors doesn't mean that it shouldn't be shown on such a great thing as RFDTV. Of course this is just my thoughts.

In closing, I wish to Thank You for taking the time to read of my thoughts. I know many others that feel the same as myself.

Respectfully,

Marlin Homrighausen

E:mail: [email protected]

Before I go to bed... (2:15 a.m. comes up fast) for those intersted in expressing their opinion here is the RFDTV Viewer Survey site.

One never knows unless they are willing to take a chance and explore the possiblities.

Marlin, good going...maybe they will listen to you. I was going to fill in the questionare but suspected they thought they had a 'loaded one' if they saw I live in N.J. and didnt have the foggist idea who they were. But if you think it would help tell us to fill one out and enter it.
Second thought, maybe Kraig could burn a short demo CD from what he has and you could mail it to the TV station, that would get their attention. A.

I feel like my thread has been hijacked.
uhoh.gif

That's OK, but I have never seen RFDTV?? Charter doesn't have it.

This is Angel,Marlin's other half. Terry, I am sorry you feel that he hijacked your post. I am not sure why you feel that way. Marlin has been writing to RFDTV for years, trying to get them interested in coming and doing a shoot at Plow day. He didn't receive a single reply, but he continued to contact them yearly.Marlin has great passion for the Plow Days and for the guys who take part and for all the members on the forum. He was simply sharing what he wrote personally to RFDTV with the 'viewer survey' that he filled out and the link. He thought maybe that might help peak interest if any of the members wanted to give it a try. I shouldn't speak for him, but I am sorry you felt he stepped on your toes. That certainly wasn't his intentions and I know he will feel badly you felt he did so. So until he can respond tomorrow after work, I offer an apology on his behalf. Angel

Marlin

If there was a way to sign an on line petition to show them how many are interested in this event and the fellowship involved especially at the ones that have reg farming tractors { bigger than garden tractors] the smaller ones will be there also and will deserve recognition as well.

I have seen coverage on racing garden tractors on RFD, so why not something that concerns the whole family that is not a competitive sport?

I'd be happy to send RFDTV and Dave Mordal each a few free recent Plow Day DVDs for their perusing pleasure....

ANGEL H. - I make this suggestion to help Marlin find somebody @ RFD-TV who could help get Plow Days some coverage & recognition. MAX ARMSTRONG not only has several hours of air time each week on RFD but He also is an avid collector of IHC equipment, He has His Dad's Super M and Super H at several shows each summer. I think if Marlin addresses His correspondence to MAX He'd get some attention. Max also has His own production company, Maybe Max and Kraig could join forces and get national recognition of His PD videos.

And here I was hoping to retire from taking video, my camcorder is getting old and I don't care to spend any money for a new one.
icon_eek.gif

Terry,
I've seen the commercials for the show, but haven't been able to catch a show yet. I think one of the promos showed lawn mower racing, but I'd say that's the closest they'll get to garden tracter plowing. It's just not fast enough, or dangerous enough.

Latest posts

Back