• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Symco, WI Thresheree--July 24-26, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstertz

displayname
joshua donald stertz
Figured I might as well start a new thread for this event. I spoke with the contact guy about it and he said that he was excited to introduce this at the Thresheree this year. He said that he had the opportunity to GT plow a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. He has seven Cubs now and has a couple set up for plowing. Registration begins at 9:00 on Friday. Plowing will be at 1:00pm each day. If you are plowing, then you are an "exhibitor". Since you are an exhibitor you can enter the show at no charge. They will be shuttling spectators from the Thresheree to the plowing area to watch. At this point, I'm planning to be there Friday and Saturday. They have literally built a reproduction old town there at Symco, complete with General store, lumber mill, blacksmith shop etc. There are
Many working old pieces of equipment to view in action throughout the weekend. It is a fun family environment and I'm planning to bring my boys. As always, I'll have the camera rolling and so check back here next week and I'll have some pics and video links posted...

Rather than start a new thread, I'll post here! Same show just another year and slightly different dates...

This year it is July 29th-30th. They are once again going to have GT plowing. Last year there were about 25 tractors there but only a couple of Cubs besides ours. Unfortunately there wasn't very much ground to turn and so we were only able to play in the dirt for about an hour each day. I'm trying to convince them to open a larger area for us to plow this year. There are lots of other fun activities to take part in around the grounds besides the plowing--like an antique tractor pull, black smith shop, threshing, hit and miss engines--just to name a few. Plus, if you bring a plow GT, you are allowed to drive your little tractors around the grounds registered as an exhibitor!

Some pics from last year. You can see the shortage of Cubs but there were some cool relatively rare GT's though...

307143.jpg

These MF tractors are pretty cool looking!

307144.jpg

Is this a vintage Power King?

307145.jpg

There were several high wheel Case GT's there including this fine specimen.

307146.jpg

I got a real kick out of this vintage Simplicity.

307147.jpg

Uncle Roger plowing with the Mule.

307148.jpg

Russell on the 782!

If you live fairly close to Symco, this is a nice show to go to. I wouldn't suggest a long drive for it but it's worth a couple of hours of travel time for sure.

Back