• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New ISU Club-ISU Antique Lawn and Garden Power

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcshane

displayname
Ryan McShane
As a student at Iowa State University in Ames IA, I noticed that there was no club or organization that allowed students with interests in garden tractors to get together and enjoy their hobby. As a high school student, I started a mowing business with my 105 Cub Cadet, my first Cub I ever owned, and one Cub blossomed into three. this is where my passion for Cubs started.

In my free time here at college, I created the club called ISU Antique Lawn and Garden Power club, designed for students who have a similar interest in garden tractors from the 1950's to the late 1970's. It is not brand biased, and welcomes any student who likes garden tractors.
Our future plans are to attend future plow days, attend parades, and help out the campus maintenence crew with mowing and snow removal with antique garden tractors. The overall goal of this club is to restore antique garden tractors to their original condition, and sell them to generate funds for the next project. Our goal is to do at least two tractors a year (one per semester) and sell both tractors at various shows and events during the summer.

Here is our issue. We are a new club without any resources, any funds, or any projects. I come as a member of this forum for help. I ask anyone out there who may have a tractor they would like to donate for one of our project. It dosent necessarily have to be a Cub Cadet. We also ask if anyone would be willing to give us a donation of some sort to help us get launched. Any donation would be appreciated, whether it be money, tools, or restoration equipment.

This is something our group of 7 members is really passionate about. What do you all think about this idea? Would there be people willing to donate something to our club?

Ryan M.
You find a way to get it down to ya. I'll give you a project tractor to play with.
No way I can leave here since the wood boiler is firing.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Charlie! I appreciate the help. I will keep it in mind and if I can get a way to get it we would really appreciate it.

Ryan, sounds like a great idea. I'd like to help out somehow, not sure yet how that will be though. Just in case, where might one mail donations to? If you do not feel comfortable posting that, and I fully understand, and it might be best to not post it, feel free to send me an email.

Craig-Thank you very much I appreciate the generosity. I will mail you my school address. Thanks to people like you and Charlie, who are willing to donate, we can have a good semester and hopefully kick off 2012 restoring a Cub Cadet. Thank you both very much!

Latest posts

Back