Wreckreation Nation with Dave Mordal

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll toss my 2 cents into the mix if I may.
Back when I had satillite TV and was able to view RFD-TV, I would try to chetch each weeks show.

From what I saw of most of the "local shows" they where taped by someone at the event that was useing a hand held camcorder, lost of herky jerky motion,out of focus, blocked shots from the crowd, and the like.

So I would say/guess the best way to get a chance to get any air time on RFD-TV is to send them a vidio with narration and keep your fingures crossed in hopes of maybe seeeing it on the TV someday.

JMHO

A fiber optic line near Huxley was cut yesterday. didn't get TV or internet back until after I'd gone to bed last night.

Terry B. Like Angel said, "I sincerely apologize and didn't mean to "Hijack" your thread. I was only trying to keep the same order of thought and not create a new thead thus taking up space and lead to the possibility of confusing some with what was being discussed. Please accept my sincerest apology.

With that said now on to this. I've reviewed some of Dave Mordal's show on the website. I remember his advertisements on TV. After my old age brain digested all this I must say this. I agree with Lonny B. A Plow Day would not fit into Dave's type of show. His audience wants to see people destroy things, get hurt, or both. I'm afraid a Plow Day would be too boring and the first time someone started doing something where someone would get hurt.... welll... if I recall there are unwritten rules that say to the effect, "Do something stupid and you'll be shown the highway in a hurry."

To continue. Again after reviewing my thoughts and shaking my memory around. Around three years back I actually did hear from RFDTV. I shared my results on this Forum.

RFDTV wanted a professionally filmed footage. No amateur stuff allowed. So I contacted a professional film crew. They corresponded with RFDTV and I was informed...

Filming a half to one hour program and airing one time..... around $13,000.00

Special price to show something like thirteen weeks twice a week... around $45-48,000.00

When I inquired about the type of films that Lonny B. writes about I was again reminded that they don't accept those. My thoughts ahve since been on that reply...
1a_scratchhead.gif
bash.gif

Dennis F. At the time that I contacted RFDTV I also contacted Max Armstrong. The reply came back
to contact the gentleman out east that films the Classic Tractor programs. Max wasn't interested. Again... $$$$$ ... upfront and personal type. I even tried Iowa Public TV and had the same results.

Kraig M. Are you saying that you are retiring???

Marlin, not many, if any sales of the last couple of videos. I hope to have my Original at the next Plow Day I attend and actually plow a bit with it.

Kraig M. AND Others.... Again I am not trying to hijack this thread. I know of a gentleman that may be willing to takeover for Kraig. That is with Kraig's and others permission. I will not ask him until the feedback is posted on the Forum for all to see and there is enough in agreement for him to do so. No e:mails to me about this please. He is a pretty neat fella and easy to work with.

It would be nice to see Kraig be able to plow.
Shift.gif
greenthumb.gif

Marlin, no need for my permission, I don't have a lock on taking or selling PD videos. I was just the one that stepped up to do it way back when. Jonathan Luckey did some production on the first video I took at PD1 and sold that on VHS tape. I have offered the uncut version of that first PD1 video on both VHS and DVD. Jonathan also took video at PD2 and sold it on VHS. Jonathan may have taken video at PD3 I don't recall. Brad Datisman took about an hour of video at PD7 and sent it to me to capture it to DVD and make it available for sale. In any case I don't believe that anyone needs permission to take video and sell copies of it.
happy.gif

I just finished watching Wreckreation Nation

If they can have freestyle canoeing they can come to plow day!

Latest posts

Back