• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where to get bearings?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Does anybody here have a REALLY GOOD place to get bearings? I need some for a project and am having trouble finding someone who knows how to find these?

238033.jpg

238034.jpg

238035.jpg

I stopped by two places: The first place (NAPA) couldn't find a thing in their computer to match.

The second place (a good sized bearing specialty shop) sold me something that isn't even close!

Any help is appreciated....

Kraig-
Those are the GOOFs who couldn't cross-reference the bearing numbers, then sold me one that wasn't even close!

I went to locateballbearings.com and found some of these bearings. But they came in a idler pulley. I had to drill four rivets out to get the bearing out. I used them to rebuild my steel V idlers for the tiller belt. some of those idlers use a 7842-7 and i didn't find that one.
These people will also buy bearings if you are overstocked.

ART - Are those the idler pulleys on your mule drive on your SGT's? I just replace the whole pulley. I bought two for my 982 right after I got it. First one locked up last spring, actually stalled the Onan it pulled so hard. Still have one left.

I took the mower & mule drive off the 72 last fall to aerate the yard, the deck & mule drive sat up against the work bench all winter, about 6-8 wks ago I noticed one of it's idlers was shot, pulley had fallen off the bearing. I grabbed a spare for it out of my parts cabinent and replaced it. I had one destroy the bearing on the 72 several years ago and the outer race wore thru the inner race and about 1/3rd of the way thru the attaching bolt before I noticed the sparks flying.

I just made a post this AM on the RPM forum about giving up on trying to buy anything at my local NAPA store. I'd try finding a MOTION INDUSTRIES outlet close by, or maybe a Grainger outlet.

Denny-
No, they are for idler pullys on that Cadet 60 project I'm working on.

The "old" looking bearing in the pics below is the original bearing that went bad. The newer looking bearing is in the replacment pulley I ordered from a forum sponsor. The problem with the new pulley (#489074-R)is that it is about 3/4" wide, while the old pulley is almost 2" wide. (It has to be that wide to work in this application, so the "new" pulley doesn't work.)

The sponsor said I should just drill the riviets out of the new pulley and put the bearing into the old pulley, but I'd like to find the bearing (I'm cheap!) and send him his $20 pulley back!
happy.gif

Home of the Plow Special (Aaytay)

Art that looks like one counld drill a section of round stock to lenght and then turn the one end down to fir a bearing your can find. $20.00 for parts, just have to match the OD and ID .
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Back