• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mule drive problems

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsimpson

displayname
Anthony J Simpson
I get the forum info every day but haven't posted anything for a long while mainly because I haven't had any problems with my original ( sold) or the 129 that I have now...until now. The mule drive roller isn't keeping the belt tight. I assume it's the spring but I can't find any information about buying and replacing the spring. I jury rigged a piece of angle iron to hold the lever out to maintain the belt tension but I'd like to fix it properly. I'd also like to know if the knob that locks the deck lifter in place is available or some kind of fix is out there to hold the deck in place. Any assistance is appreciated.....Thanks Tony

Are you missing the arm as well as the cam?
Should be no problem locating those parts used, I have several.

Drive roller?? Do you mean the 2 pulleys on the mule drive?

What model deck are we talking about here?
Sounds like the spring on the mule drive is broken (not likely), or severalty weakend for some reason.
Or the belt is way out of adjustment and the idler adjusting bolt is not keeping it in adjustment. Do you have that bolt double nutted?
Are you sure the belt is the correct belt for the deck you are using?

Did this just now start all of a sudden?
I would think a complete inspection of all the mule drive components should reveal something fairly obvious that is amiss.
1682179990834.png

On the 1210 I just obtained, the arms for each small mule drive pulley was seized, not allowing proper belt tension. The pulley arms are supposed to be independent of each other.

Back