• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Whats wrong? with my 782 PTO

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mames

displayname
Mark Ames
I recently bought another 782D and was mowing with it and it quit operating the PTO. If I pull up on the switch and push it forward the PTO would engage, letting off forward pressure and letting it go into it's "locked on" postion in the middle of the switch it will quit running. I bought a new PTO switch and it does the exact same thing. Has anyone else had this type of problem and what was the solution.

Clean the connection on the relay. My 782D did that when I got it, and that was the problem.

This might not be the problem, but if the battery isn't getting a good charge of if the charging system is faulty you could get intermittent power to the PTO, mine is a real power hog. I agree that the relay is most likely your problem tho'

-everett

Mark, This may be a shot in the dark, but I had a problem with my PTO disengaging when I was cutting extremely high grass with my 1512. I believe it was Myron here that told me to check my air gap. This is a link https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/22774/88266.html to the post that it was discussed. That solved my problem. I didn't fix it myself, but when I told my dealer to check that gap, he found it to be out of spec, and I haven't had that problem since. Like I said, this may NOT be your problem, but if nothing else seems to fix it, it is worth looking into. I don't have the specs. I left that to my repair place. Hope that helps.

Mark A: When I had the problem with my 782D, I changed the battery, the PTO Switch, and the PTO Relay. It would still die when I released the PTO toggle. Then I disconnected the Seat Switch and put a loop to connect the two wires. VOILA!! Sweet Success!! It was a bad Seat Switch in my case...Check it...

And yes, the air gap will cause it to disengage when HOT or not engage at all, but that's not the toggle problem at the PTO Switch.

Myron B

Latest posts

Back