• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What tractors will my deck fit on?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sopp

displayname
Stuart Opp
Hi, I'm new and I apologize if this has been covered before. I had a model 86 cub cadet, sold it, and kept the mower deck and carriage. Can anyone out there please tell me what tractors this deck will fit on. It would be helpful to know what other models it'll work on. Thank you very much.

Stuart: I think your deck would fit any of the other tractors in the same series as your 86. It is a "wide frame" made from 1971-74 so the deck would fit another 86, or a 108 or a 128 (all gear drive like the 86); or the Hydrostatic tractors in the 1x8/1x9 series, a 109, a 129, a 149, or a 169.

It should also fit any of the Quietline series made from 1974-79, like a model 800 (available until 1/76), a 1000, a 1100 (11 HP Briggs & Stratton engine), or an 1200 (all gear drive); or the Hydrostatics of the same series, a model 1250, a model 1450, or a model 1650.

The 82 series uses a different configuration for the front pickup, so your deck won't fit unless it has three holes on the front.

I don't think the deck will fit the earlier narrow frame tractors very well. But never having owned a narrow frame, its difficult for me to say definitively if it would fit or not.

Besides the physical fit-up of the front and rear hangers, there is also the belts to worry about.

I would stick to trying to fit it only to the early wide frames and the Quiet Lines.

smile.gif

Stuart, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Jeremiah gave you great info. However your post really belongs in the main IH Cub Cadet Forum as your former Cub Cadet 86 is a Garden Tractor not a Lawn Tractor and your query will get more responses there.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back