• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What to do?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
With my purchase of an 1872, it's time to thin the herd a bit...
I currently have a 1450 that's been nothing short of reliable, but I'm most likely going to sell it. I also have a 1650 that I bought cheap and a 124 I bought in pieces... and it's still in pieces.
The side shields, fender pan and hood from the 1650 are in really good shape. I'm thinking of stripping the 1650 of everything, using the fender pan to replace the dinged up pan on my 1872. I'd use the hood and side shields to replace the ones on the 1450.
Now, where this gets interesting is... I'm considering taking the 16hp Kohler, the hydro and hydraulics from the 1650 and stuffing it all in the 124 frame. What do you guys think?... I don't know of it being done yet, but if done correctly, I believe it might fetch a bit more than putting two back together and trying to sell the 1650 and the 124 separately for a couple hundred each. Both models don't really bring much around here and there's nothing special about either of them.

It's just a thought... I figured something unique might make it worthwhile...it'd be a fun project while using up as much from both units as possible. 🤔

A 16 horse in a 124 frame will be a stretch. Unless you have a torch and welder.

If the 1450 or 1650 have the hydraulic lift, and rear "3 point" lift, they bring pretty good money in my area. There was a couple on market place this winter, both over $1k, and neither one looked particularly well maintained. But since your in cubsylvania, they are probly a dime a dozen where your at.

If the 1450 or 1650 have the hydraulic lift, and rear "3 point" lift, they bring pretty good money in my area. There was a couple on market place this winter, both over $1k, and neither one looked particularly well maintained. But since your in cubsylvania, they are probly a dime a dozen where your at.
Yeah, they average around $500 here in decent shape. I've seen them listed for more in pretty good shape, but to command that much here, they'd need to be in close to prime condition.

I just stumbled across this this beauty on market place, might be inspiration?
Screenshot_20240225-175602_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240225-175613_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240225-175629_Facebook.jpg

Latest posts

Back