• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What is it

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jegstad

displayname
Jim Egstad
I have an interesting pulley that fastens to the shaft like a collet. What do I call this thing if I want to find more like it ?

49486.jpg

49487.jpg

Dang I forget the name and I bought a bunch of them over the years. The hub will accept different size sheaves so in the long run they're real nice to have on hand. Put anti seize on it when you use it.

Jim E:

You have two parts there. First is the "Split Taper Bushing" that attaches to the shaft. The Pulley portion is called a "Bushed Sheave". The Sheave bolts to the bushing. As you tighten the sheave, it squeezes the tapered bushing to firmly attach it to a shaft. The Bushing and the Sheaves come in a variety of sizes and number of grooves. See attachments....
49506.jpg

49507.jpg

Thanks a lot guys. Roland, exactly what I needed. I kept looking for collet pulleys, etc with no luck.

Back