• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Weed Eater

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbartee

displayname
Norm Bartee
Don't know if this is the correct place but couldn't find another. I have a CC 2025 string trimmer that runs fine but the shaft barely turns. At full throttle, I can grab the shaft with my hand and stop it from turning. Took it apart but couldn't see anything obviously wrong. Could it be the centrifugal clutch? Only used it a couple of years...

Norm

Clutch has my vote. I guess you checked that the shaft from the head to the spinner is intact. Those clutches are simple design. Either the friction pads wore out(! ?) or maybe got a load of oil somehow inside it.

Thanks for getting back to me, Allen, yes, it's intact. I'll take another look at the clutch.

Thanks

worked on a toro this summer doing the same thing could not find any problem with it pulled the cable out and reinstalled and then worked like it should

Norm, I know you have the trimmer inyour hands, but if you go up top to the 'CubCadet Parts Lookup' and put in 2025 you can see a parts drawing that might(?) help. Ed mentioned a cable in his, is it possible a tip end broke off and your working with friction ends?

I use the parts lookup all the time for my tractor, but for some dumb reason didn't think about it for the trimmer. I'll compare the exploded views with what I have. I'll try reinstalling the cable also.

Thanks Guys, I'll let you know how it comes out. May not get a chance till this weekend though.

Latest posts

Back