• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Um.... Ok???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh - was actually being nice! It honestly amazes me what people will pay for big box riders and then they're surprised when they break down. Have a few neighbors with them and from time to time I'll see em in the yard trying to figure out how something so new could be giving them problems. Seems to me that consumers will buy just about anything if you puts honey paint on it and a bunch of decals. Ok - I'm done.

Look at it this way guys.

Just think of someone that's never owned any sort of garden or lawn tractor.

They go to the box store and or dealer and pic one of those fugly things up and take it home, grinning from ear to ear all the way, JUST like WE ALL do with an old beater to fix up.

Same thing, same feeling, just a different era!

The only real difference is, we take of our machines, and they run them till they die and go do it all over again, LOL

Really now, If'n yer dern teeth are blue, Ya need ta go spend yer money at the dentist!!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Noticed the shrouding around the blades on the underside of the deck... will create high vacuum, but I can't imagine it'll work well in deep grass. Also, at least one of the deck pictured is of a two bladed deck, which means it's timed. I've dealt with timed decks in the past - no thanks.. Overall - cheesy looking. What is the Bluetooth for - to read the hour meter when your in the house??

Gerry, those two bladed decks are not timed. The deck is angled and one blade is forward of the other and thus overlap without the need to be timed. Much like the old IH lawn tractor models; 76, SO76, 80, 81, 182, 282, 382 and so on, all of which I would take in a heartbeat over any of these new things...

From what I read the Bluetooth only sends you a text when its time to change oil. Who has ever even used the hour meter for that??? Most people change their oil every season needed or not...

KEITH - (raising my had to vote as one of the people who changes the oil in their CC's BY the hour meter...)

Both of my CC's have hour meters, and I keep a log of when they get changed so I know when to change them next. I even put a tach/hour meter on my Super H so I could change oil & filter as per the manual back in 1969.

Doesn't EVERYBODY do that? I'd like to think most people do.

Two bladed deck is offset, so likely NOT timed.

CHARLIE - 15W-40 Rotella in one, 5W-40 Rotella synthetic in the other one. 50 hours on the tractor with the oil filter, 25-30 on the other one without a filter.

Well maybe I'm the odd one,(been told that before)I don't cut much grass with mine so I know it doesn't get enough hours on it before the snow flies again and I always change oil when I put the blade on for winter and when I put the tiller on for spring. Its a clean engine on the inside anyway. I do watch the hours on the hydro oil. Need to save money for that job!

Oil? Are we supposed to change that stuff?

I think I need to change the whole oil pan on my 1250 for I cant get the drain plug loose, it has an aluminum pan. I have a cast one mounted in rails with a brace added waiting to be installed. Suppose I do this change before I hook up the snowthrower.

Ok ....we went from ugly tractors to oil changing...
1a_scratchhead.gif
..wher's the fun in that!!!!

Maybe that Bluetooth app can be setup to order the oil and have it delivered to your door.

Maybe that app can tell where the nearest Grease Monkey store is and they will be ready for you...maybe even clean the windshield.
a_blink2.gif

Okay guys let's take a minute and look at technologies like Apple and BlackBerry. Maybe if you eat too many BlackBerries you'll get a Bluetooth! So, I thought it would be funny to have a little hypothetical discussion about ways that your phone could interface and help you control your lawnmower.

So first you could have turn by turn navigation how cool would it be to have GPS controlled lawnmowing wink wink. It could tell you the fastest way to mow your lawn, keep you from missing spots, or help you accurately cut the perimeter without going over on to your neighbors precious real estate!!! Or how about your slick new cub giving you a text when you haven't spent an appropriate amount of time with it over the course of a week. It could remind you that you have not spent any time mowing lawn or snowblowing in days and days! It would remind you not to miss out on Cub time! And why step stop at an oil alert you could have an alert for low fuel, tune ups, regular lubrication, belt replacement, etc. yes this whole computer phone interface with your lawn tractor could really be the start of something special (wink, wink!)

Do you guys have any thoughts on other ways hypothetically your phone could help interface with your lawnmower? (Wink, wink!)

An exclusive by the all new cub cadet!!!

As long as the company is around to make those, they are still around to get us parts for ours........some of the parts at least........good enough reason for them to exist in my book, Bluetooth or not....

Come on Keith, I'm just having a little fun here! Look around, technology is in everything. If you look in my profile, the newest GT I own is a 1989 Super. I owned a box store lawn mower a decade ago but it was so cheaply built that I bought my super and haven't looked back since. However, I think this is really funny and interesting. I'm sure we have guys on here who use technologies for a career and could add some really funny hypothetical technology/lawn mower interfaces. Think about OnStar, think about googles' cars that drive themselves. So many things that have been invaded by technology. Honestly, I'm surprised how long it has taken for this to happen in the lawn mower market. But, I prefer working on, using, and owning old school machines so my post was "tongue in cheek"! The future will happen whether we embrace it or not. So...ten years when my neighbors have plugged in the coordinates of their lawn into their phone and their lawn mowers are cutting their lawn without a driver, I'll still be out there on my 682 cutting away with a big smile on my face!!!
cubwinker.gif

Steve--I couldn't agree more. I have buddies that are into GT's from defunct companies and it is nearly impossible to find the parts they need without searching far and wide. I think it is great that Cub Cadet is still in business. I just wish that they still produced one series or even model that was a serious contender in the GT commercial market...oh well, I can dream anyway!

Back